lyssarose3

Professional Transcript Entry/Volunteer Questions

I have two questions if anyone might be able to help me.

1) I used the Professional Transcript Entry and I was just wondering what the turn around time is usually for it? I applied to a school whose deadline is November (I know, I know, I'm almost late for this but this is my first application cycle, I have a lot of money saved, and I just wanted to try and see. It's my alma mater for undergrad and I would hate myself for not even trying to get in.) and I'm only about halfway through the 10 business days for the transcripts to be verified. I'm wondering if it's likely to be done before October so it would have the 4 weeks to get to the school if the verification does take all 4 weeks. Does it always take 10 days?

2) I have officially submitted my application so I know I can't update any of my already submitted experiences but I was wondering about experiences I was going to add. I just began volunteering at a new place. A few of my schools require a certain number of volunteer hours and even though I have met them already, they are fragmented and all over the place and confusing. Now that I am finished studying for the GRE, taking prerequisite classes, etc, I wanted a solid and steady volunteer position to continue until I get into PA school. Ideally I would like to meet the minimum requirements with this one position before I submit to the rest of my schools but I know that may not happen. If I add the volunteer experience, will I be able to update the hours as I go as I did before I submitted or do I have to overestimate the hours or something (I really don't want to do that) because I won't be able to edit it. Basically after all this rambling I'm wondering if I can edit my new experiences or if they will be locked like the others.

Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Emw2153
      Hello, 
       So I need some advice. My top school is Cuny Sophie Davis but I cant decide if I should be a teaching assistant for chemistry this fall or should i try to volunteer/network at Harlem hospital for the 2 months before I submit my application end of October or should I try to do both??? Is volunteering for 2 months even worth it?
      For some context this fall I will be taking 3 classes, working one day a week from 9a-7p as a medical assistant in the same primary care office I have been working in for the past 1.5 years and now possibly either being a TA or volunteering in a hospital. 
      Would either of these choices beef up my chances/ make me stand out? Will being a chemistry TA not help that much and just be a waste of my time?
      Should I just continue with my current volunteer position (read below)?
      I only have the pre reqs to apply to 2 schools this fall so anything to help would be VERY APPRECIATED. I need help on focusing my time in the crunch hours. 
      Currently I have about 18 hours of volunteering at a speech pathology center leading a reading group for people with speech aphasia, helping them build their confidence and as a mode of therapy. 
      My Stats
      GPA 3.42 undergrad  BA in psychology at a well known woman’s college-ivy leage
      Post bacc GPA (11 classes and all the science prerequisites) - 4.00
      2500 hours as medical assistant in a multispecialty primary care
      30 hours shadowing an ortho PA, Derm PA, and urgent care PA
      Had a full time job for 3 years in business before deciding to become a PA
      presidential scholar at CUNY

• By Shannonmowill
      I received my BS from a Pass/Fail university. On the official transcript it states pass or fail by the course. Student records states that this equates to a 3.0 GPA. I contacted a PA school about applying to the program and I was told that this  type of transcript will not be accepted by CASPA. However, I read on a forum that someone had a pass/fail transcript and was selected in to the program. How do a I overcome that?
    • By Farafish260
      I just had all of my transcripts uploaded by CASPA. And, I’ve approved them, but do I have to match the prerequisites to the programs or will CASPA do that for me if I opt out? Thx 
    • By Finntastic
      Just wondering if anyone knows how long (in general) it takes for a mailed transcript to be sent to and processed by CASPA? I submitted an order through parchment last Friday. The status reads "Delivered", but I've yet to see anything in CASPA.
    • By Contigo75
      Hi all,
      So here is the scenario. There are 2 CC's by me that are offering Organic Chemistry 1 this fall. I am registered at CC#1 but may want to take it at CC#2 based on the professor who teaches. 
      My question is: do I enter this into CASPA before verification? 
      Example: If I enter it in CASPA it locks it and shows that I am set to take Orgo at CC#1, but what if I change right before the semester and take it at CC#2? 
      Should I just leave it off and submit it as an update after my caspa is verified. I don't want to run into issues if I end up not taking it at that institution. 

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More