Professional Transcript Entry/Volunteer Questions

I have two questions if anyone might be able to help me.

1) I used the Professional Transcript Entry and I was just wondering what the turn around time is usually for it? I applied to a school whose deadline is November (I know, I know, I'm almost late for this but this is my first application cycle, I have a lot of money saved, and I just wanted to try and see. It's my alma mater for undergrad and I would hate myself for not even trying to get in.) and I'm only about halfway through the 10 business days for the transcripts to be verified. I'm wondering if it's likely to be done before October so it would have the 4 weeks to get to the school if the verification does take all 4 weeks. Does it always take 10 days?

2) I have officially submitted my application so I know I can't update any of my already submitted experiences but I was wondering about experiences I was going to add. I just began volunteering at a new place. A few of my schools require a certain number of volunteer hours and even though I have met them already, they are fragmented and all over the place and confusing. Now that I am finished studying for the GRE, taking prerequisite classes, etc, I wanted a solid and steady volunteer position to continue until I get into PA school. Ideally I would like to meet the minimum requirements with this one position before I submit to the rest of my schools but I know that may not happen. If I add the volunteer experience, will I be able to update the hours as I go as I did before I submitted or do I have to overestimate the hours or something (I really don't want to do that) because I won't be able to edit it. Basically after all this rambling I'm wondering if I can edit my new experiences or if they will be locked like the others.

Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By csandino9
      Hello everyone, question for pre-PA, current students, or graduates. For volunteer hours and non-healthcare employment hours for some schools, I was wondering how to go about recording and documenting them? What is the best way to go about this. Especially for the non healthcare hours, I imagine this is just any job we’ve had in the past. And so what do you guys recommend in terms of going back to see the hours we’ve completed and also going forward with future hours, and how to keep track of them all. Really, for any experience hours in general. Also, I believe we will submit this information on the CASPA, so how does that work? Do we just put the organization, hours, and description? Or do we need some sort of sign off on it , with someone higher up proving that we did it? Let me know , thank you guys!!
    • By FromMic2Meds
      Hey everyone, I am putting together my application for the upcoming cycle. I am at the part where I am inputting my transcript and can't figure out how to classify some courses taken as part of my Health Sciences major which kind of 'umbrellas' subjects under health care.
      The course in question is: Marketing in Healthcare. 
      My dilemma is classifying this under either:
      Health Science Marketing Health Science Administration Please help 🙃
    • By MGracier
      CASPA failed to process my application before the deadline of October 1. They apparently had an issue processing the COVID—19 Transcript Delay Form. I checked in both through phone and email, and still, they failed to verify prior to the deadline. I submitted all material July. 
      has anyone else had this issue? 
    • By Ccryss
      So I am filling out the transcript section of the caspa application and I am confused on what subject to put one of my classes the class is gross anatomy but I took biomedical major and the course code is BMED 2101 should I be putting the subject as biomedical science or anatomy ?
      Thank you in advance 
    • By Shannonmowill
      I received my BS from a Pass/Fail university. On the official transcript it states pass or fail by the course. Student records states that this equates to a 3.0 GPA. I contacted a PA school about applying to the program and I was told that this  type of transcript will not be accepted by CASPA. However, I read on a forum that someone had a pass/fail transcript and was selected in to the program. How do a I overcome that?

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More