So I need some advice. My top school is Cuny Sophie Davis but I cant decide if I should be a teaching assistant for chemistry this fall or should i try to volunteer/network at Harlem hospital for the 2 months before I submit my application end of October or should I try to do both??? Is volunteering for 2 months even worth it?
For some context this fall I will be taking 3 classes, working one day a week from 9a-7p as a medical assistant in the same primary care office I have been working in for the past 1.5 years and now possibly either being a TA or volunteering in a hospital.
Would either of these choices beef up my chances/ make me stand out? Will being a chemistry TA not help that much and just be a waste of my time?
Should I just continue with my current volunteer position (read below)?
I only have the pre reqs to apply to 2 schools this fall so anything to help would be VERY APPRECIATED. I need help on focusing my time in the crunch hours.
Currently I have about 18 hours of volunteering at a speech pathology center leading a reading group for people with speech aphasia, helping them build their confidence and as a mode of therapy.
GPA 3.42 undergrad BA in psychology at a well known woman’s college-ivy leage
Post bacc GPA (11 classes and all the science prerequisites) - 4.00
2500 hours as medical assistant in a multispecialty primary care
30 hours shadowing an ortho PA, Derm PA, and urgent care PA
Had a full time job for 3 years in business before deciding to become a PA
presidential scholar at CUNY
I received my BS from a Pass/Fail university. On the official transcript it states pass or fail by the course. Student records states that this equates to a 3.0 GPA. I contacted a PA school about applying to the program and I was told that this type of transcript will not be accepted by CASPA. However, I read on a forum that someone had a pass/fail transcript and was selected in to the program. How do a I overcome that?
Just wondering if anyone knows how long (in general) it takes for a mailed transcript to be sent to and processed by CASPA? I submitted an order through parchment last Friday. The status reads "Delivered", but I've yet to see anything in CASPA.
So here is the scenario. There are 2 CC's by me that are offering Organic Chemistry 1 this fall. I am registered at CC#1 but may want to take it at CC#2 based on the professor who teaches.
My question is: do I enter this into CASPA before verification?
Example: If I enter it in CASPA it locks it and shows that I am set to take Orgo at CC#1, but what if I change right before the semester and take it at CC#2?
Should I just leave it off and submit it as an update after my caspa is verified. I don't want to run into issues if I end up not taking it at that institution.