Comprehension Exam During PA School Interview

To each their own, but as a licensed PA, I'm not interested in sitting for a pre-employment exam that tests my PA knowledge prior to joining the group. I'm sure the Physicians interviewing with that practice don't sit for that same exam. Your clinical knowledge is tested via national boards and ongoing CME requirements.

47 minutes ago, beattie228 said:

To each their own, but as a licensed PA, I'm not interested in sitting for a pre-employment exam that tests my PA knowledge prior to joining the group. I'm sure the Physicians interviewing with that practice don't sit for that same exam. Your clinical knowledge is tested via national boards and ongoing CME requirements.

I was not very clear. When I said interviews I meant interviews for PA schools to be a student.

1 hour ago, Jaag said:

I was not very clear. When I said interviews I meant interviews for PA schools to be a student.

Ah. I mis-read your first post mentioning it was a school interview. Much different conversation haha.

These are typically not very in-depth as you don't have that knowledge base yet. One's I've seen given in the past have been basic medical terminology focused but are otherwise intended to assess your overall exam-taking skills rather than the material itself.

It was a thirty minute research project, they gave us a list of topics to choose from, allowed computer and internet access. The other interview just gave us random topics mine was what do you think are 3 good qualities of a good healthcare provider. These exams are just their way of seeing if you could write on the spot.

We also had a learning style assessment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Archived