PAPup

Mount Saint Joseph University

Hey guys! I thought I would start a thread for this program. Has anyone applied, been accepted, or know of how many seats currently available?

Hey I applied this summer, was interviewed in August, and have recently been accepted. As far as I know they are accepting 32 students.  

@jsmiddy congrats! I interviewed August 31st and haven't heard back yet, but they said it might not be until October that we hear something. When in August did you interview?

Hi! I know this is about a year later, but I recently received an interview invitation to MSJ and wanted to get some insight on how the day goes? 

thanks! 

I also just heard back from MSJ and have an interview September 21st. Any insight would be much appreciated!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By PK123Pa
      Hey, has anyone gotten any interview notices yet?
    • By jaderiv
      I thought I would start this thread since CWRU is one of my top choices! I have not submitted my application yet, but I plan to do so middle July. Good luck everyone!
    • By cboylb
      Anybody know what the average salary/hourly wage is for urgent care work in Ohio? Is the data on Zip Recruiter reliable?
    • By paali
      Hi There! 
      Today I took my first GRE. 149 (42%) Verbal and 156 (62%) Quant. I have a solid GPA in both overall and science, both 3.6. I work as a medical scribe as well as a nurse assistant. I will have about 1000+ hours of experience by the time I apply for the 2018-2019 application cycle. Additionally, I have 50+ hours of PA shadowing. I have confirmed recommendation letters from a PA, MD and 2 upper level science course professors. I am currently in my gap year finishing up pre-reqs and trying to get as much patient care experience. I felt I was on a good track until todays GRE scores. I feel confident that I am in the 50th percentile at least on the writing portion (still pending score... also knock on wood). 
      Need some opinions on whether my current GRE scores are a make or break for me. Combined 305, but don't have the often recommended 50th percentile in BOTH categories. 
      Also, if you suggest retaking it... how do I improve on verbal? I have been studying for the GRE for about 3 weeks and really struggle with verbal, additionally I feel as if I run out of time. 
      Help!
    • By sushithefish
      I recently got accepted to a PA school and during the interview, I really felt I belong there. However, it is a relatively new program and I do have some concerns. I want your opinions about new programs and whether you would go to one. 

Pros about the school:
      -Innovative curriculum
      -Already has strong ties to healthcare facilities due to other preexisting healthcare programs
      -Love the area
      -Since still new, program has to prove itself and make sure its students become good PAs

Cons:
      -No alumni support
      -Still working on curriculum and rotation sites
      -Still figuring out faculty
      -No PANCE scores

My biggest concern is the rotation sites. Although they have a lot of connections to healthcare facilities, it's hard to say where and how the rotations will be. They choose our rotation sites for us, and stated rotations will be at most 1.5 hours away. When asked about the rotation sites, seems that they are still trying to figure them out. 

I really like the school and keep trying to convince myself to go here versus more established programs. I'm not sure if new programs are that bad since you're still going to come out as a PA. Opinions? 

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More