Another per diem question

Sorry if this has been answered before but I did not see a similar question in a quick search. I am interested in adding some per diem work, either at an urgent care or another ER. I work with a group that is contracted to staff an ED at a facility that is part of a larger health network. Is there any reason I should avoid per diem work at another site within this health network? I would imagine that this could potentially make credentialing slightly easier, but would this have any effect on my employment status (1099 vs PT vs something else), pay, benefits, etc.? Or would I be wiser to simply look for a PD gig not affiliated in any way with my FT job? This is in Texas by the way.

Not quite sure if I understood your question 100% correctly.
Do you have a non-compete?

I work in a structure similar to yours but it is an inpatient group.
I think working PRN at a hospital your group is contracted at my interfere with a non-compete if you have one.

Big groups usually do this so that if the hospital ends their contract with the group they cannot hire any of the groups current providers and have to staff their own

I do not have a non-compete. And my question may very well not make sense to anyone but myself. I guess, basically, I just want to ensure that there is no downside to working per diem at another site within the larger network of my full time job. After rethinking it, it doesn't seem like there would be. But I have never had any per diem stuff before.

Archived