• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By UNM EMPA
      UNM EMPA RESIDENCY:
      The University of New Mexico School of Medicine, Department of Emergency Medicine is excited to announce that we are accepting applicants now for our 2020-2021 class. Applications will close Jan 15th, 2020. Our class will start the last week of June, 2018 for an 18-month program for 2 residents. This year we have expanded our eligibility to applicants graduating an ARC-PA accredited program prior to May 31st, 2020. We strive to equip physician assistants with the clinical experiences and didactic teaching that will enable them to practice high-quality, evidence based emergency medicine. Our graduates will have comfort and competence in the care of critically ill patients, the broad scope of emergent presentations, and the skills necessary to be leaders in their profession. 

Cirriculum (# of 4 week blocks)
      Dedicated Orientation Block (1) Adult ED, including dedicated longitudinal block in ED Resus Unit (8) Community ED (1) Peds ED (2) Medical ICU (1) Surgical ICU (1) Combined US/Anesthesia (1) Cardiology (1) Orthopedics (1) Toxicology (1/2) OB/GYN (1/2) Electives (2) Salary/Benefits:
      $57,000 yearly salary Access to health, vision, dental, disability insurance with employer matching Contribution to retirement Paid Vacation Paid travel and registration SEMPA 360 conference SEMPA membership $500 per year CME allowance ATLS, FCCS, and dedicated airway course in orientation Setting:
      New Mexico's only level 1 trauma center, academic hospital and children's hospital Tertiary referral center for large rural state, with high acuity patients Easy access to outdoor activities, climbing, biking, skiing, as well as wonderful food and culture Nationally recognized faculty in EMS, Critical Care, Wilderness Medicine, Simulation and many other areas Applications Open: October 1st, 2019
      Applications Close: January 15th, 2020
      Website: http://emed.unm.edu/education/prospective-applicants/physician-assistant-residency-in-emergency-medicine.html
      E-mail: cpkalan@salud.unm.edu
    • By KPMGZ8
      Hello All,
      I'm curious if anyone has recommendations for a question bank to help learn critical care medicine? I'm a relatively new PA (graduated in May 2018) and have been practicing in critical care for about a year now. I work in a 26 bed mixed ICU at a community hospital. I've been reading the Washington Manual of Critical Care, Marino's ICU Book, and Up-to-Date. I've also done the Critical Care board review course offered by the SCCM. I'd like to find a question bank that I can use to test my critical care knowledge as well as general adult medical knowledge.
      I used ROSH review to study for the PANCE and really liked it. I used the app on my phone and was able to answer questions throughout the day and found it easy to answer a few questions here and there without having to dedicate exclusive study time. I'd like to find something with an equivalent ease of use but ROSH doesn't have any questions geared specifically towards CCM. ROSH does have IM and EM question banks consisting of ~ 1000 questions geared towards residents which I've considered as an option. ROSH also has the NCCPA Hospital Medicine CAQ question bank for Hospitalist PAs that I've considered. Additionally, it seems that CHEST SEEK Critical Care Medicine and the SCCM Self-Assessment Multiprofessional Critical Care are used frequently by CCM fellows who are studying for the CCM Boards. I fear that these latter resources may be too dense for my understanding at this point.
      So... My hope is that someone out there has some insight into these (and other) question bank resources and can help guide my decision before dropping hundreds of dollars. I appreciate any help or suggestions.
    • By ChowdaHead
      https://www.fresno.ucsf.edu/actspar

Wondering if anyone has any experience/information/thoughts UCSF Fresno, specifically this ACS/Trauma Surgery Residency. Considering relocating for the opportunity. New grad, I liked what I saw during the visit. Not looking for some one to make a decision for me, but any information would be great. 
      Thanks
    • By SEMPA
      SEMPA is excited to roll out its new Mentoring Program specifically created for PAs new to emergency medicine; PA students interested in launching their career; or any seasoned emergency medicine PAs looking to advance and expand their profession and practice.

How it works is that you fill out the online application and we match you with an experienced PA who can help guide your career. SEMPA mentors have years of experience in all types of ED settings and they have a wide variety of specialty interests. We will do our utmost best to match you with someone based on your profile and/or the specifics you give us so that you can get the most out of your mentoring experience.

A SEMPA mentor can help with:
      Finding a job, preparing for a job interview and navigating contracts Understanding what emergency medicine educational resources are available What you can expect from the specialty Tips and tricks in making it through your shifts Guidance on moving up in emergency medicine Leadership development for new EMPA leaders And much more!
      Any SEMPA member is eligible to apply for a mentor through the SEMPA Mentoring Program. All you need is a desire to advance your career with the assistance of a mentor.

Learn more and apply today! Get started here.

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More