Hi everyone!

I just graduated and passed the PANCE! I am still job searching though. Trying to stay in my current city if possible but I have applied to a few jobs out of state. Currently just playing the waiting game and hoping for some interviews soon. My question is... Should I apply for state licensure in my current state? I am also right on the border of 2 states and have been applying to jobs in both states. My current state is my first choice but I don't want to lose out on $500 if I end up moving... Probably a stupid question with an obvious answer but I also don't want to be behind by not being licensed. Will that hinder me in the job search? 

It's a good question. Also thinking do the state you reside in as you prefer that, being that it prevents you having to move.

Maybe gather all the information and "stage" the other state's application so all you have to do is send if that becomes necessary.  

One thing to think about is the time involved; if one of those states is Texas or another state notorious for a painful months-long knockdown-dragout process, may want to conduct a pre-emptive strike.  

If jobs are plentiful in the field you wish to work, maybe not necessary.  I don't know, it's food for thought.  Good luck.

Archived