thatnolagirl

Application cycle 2017-2018

43 posts in this topic

Hey guys, 

I noticed there was no thread started since post interviews, has anyone heard anything yet?

*fingers crossed*

Nothing yet! If the timeline is similar to last years, they should be sending letters around the end of this upcoming week! I am anxiously waiting.

Agreed.. saw the thread from last year, hopefully we hear this week! The weather from one of the interview days may push us back some, but I wanted to try and connect with everyone and see who's heard what! 

Did they end up rescheduling interviews on 8/30 when the bad weather was going on? I was wondering that because I know they shut down a lot of schools in the area. 

They gave those scheduled for Tuesday 08/29, the option to either do a phone interview that day, or reschedule for an in-person interview the next day. As for as I know, they still interviewed 08/30, but I could be wrong.

Thank y'all for the info! Well I guess if we are going by last year's thread we might be hearing something soon.. but who knows :/ 

Just saw on LSU PA's facebook page letters hit the mail today! We'll find out in the next few days, good luck everyone!

8 minutes ago, thatnolagirl said:

Just saw on LSU PA's facebook page letters hit the mail today! We'll find out in the next few days, good luck everyone!

Thanks for the update!! :) 

I just got my acceptance letter! Beyond excited :D

Congrats! How did you get it so fast?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got the E-Mail that I was waitlisted. For my first interview I guess this is better than being rejected! Best wishes to everyone anticipating their acceptance letter. :)

I was also waitlisted. Oh well could be worse! Now more waiting. Congrats to those accepted! 

1 minute ago, h020811 said:

I was also waitlisted. Oh well could be worse! Now more waiting. Congrats to those accepted! 

Are we allowed to find out our ranking on the waitlist?  

I'm not sure. I read on a post from last year that they wouldn't tell us. I wish they would :/ definitely would give a few of us some hope! There's still a chance for those of us waitlisted though. At my interview they said there were several students in their class that were initially waitlisted. 

Has anyone been rejected yet? Or heard of someone being rejected?

33 minutes ago, kns23 said:

Has anyone been rejected yet? Or heard of someone being rejected?

I heard someone received a rejection yesterday. But that's only 1 person I have heard of. 

7 minutes ago, lipglossandlabcoats said:

I heard someone received a rejection yesterday. But that's only 1 person I have heard of. 

Oh okay. Thanks for responding! I haven't heard anything from them yet, so I was just wondering if everyone had heard between accepted/waitlist/rejected. I interviewd 08/25

6 minutes ago, kns23 said:

Oh okay. Thanks for responding! I haven't heard anything from them yet, so I was just wondering if everyone had heard between accepted/waitlist/rejected. I interviewd 08/25

I interviewed on that date as well!  

Just now, lipglossandlabcoats said:

I interviewed on that date as well!  

I guess I'll just keep waiting to hear something 

Just now, lipglossandlabcoats said:

Good luck!! :) 

Thank you! I hope you get good news too. Stay hopeful, there were a few that were waitlisted and then accepted last year :)

Waitlisted...but can't say I'm surprised after one of my interviews!! :) I understood of those not accepted, 25 went to the waitlist and everyone will receive rejections.  I do not know how or when they notify the rejections. CONGRATS to all of those accepted!!

1 hour ago, kns23 said:

KNS23... JMHO but, .I would think if you haven't received an email being waitlisted or rejected that is a good sign!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!!

Just now, MaryFred said:

KNS23... JMHO but, .I would think if you haven't received an email being waitlisted or rejected that is a good sign!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!!

Maybe so! I'm just trying to wait and see what will happen right now! Thank you though!

People who are accepted have til October 2nd to respond and send in their deposit. 

I agree with makig a facebook group!

Hey! 

If you were accepted email me so I can add you to the Facebook group.

savannah.roberts@eagles.usm.edu

Does anybody know if there has been any movement on the alternate list? I'm on the list as well, and this prolonged waiting is killing me. :(

I haven't seen any post on someone being accepted off of the alt list yet. But don't lose hope! The deadline to accept your seat is October 2nd, so I am sure you will hear some news after the program has heard back from those offered positions. 

Good luck!

And something else to consider is how many other schools have actually started accepting students. I don't think any in Louisiana have except LSU NO. It is possible that when other schools start accepting people may move around. I'm also an alternate so I feel your pain! Just hoping for the best! :) 

Thanks everyone for the words of hope! It’s awesome seeing everyone being so positive throughout this process. Best of luck to everyone! Keep your heads up! 

I will be giving up my seat, I hope this means good news for someone. Good luck to you all!