Application Cycle 2017-2018

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, jackyh said:

When you guys filled out the graduate supplemental portion on the ISU website did you just say it was for Spring 2018? Even though we wouldn't start until Jan 2019?? It's only giving me the option of Spring 2018 so wasn't sure. 

Yeah, noticed that as well. I'm just submitting under the Spring 2018 tab since it's the only one available.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/13/2017 at 0:48 PM, jackyh said:

When you guys filled out the graduate supplemental portion on the ISU website did you just say it was for Spring 2018? Even though we wouldn't start until Jan 2019?? It's only giving me the option of Spring 2018 so wasn't sure. 

On 11/13/2017 at 7:17 PM, Eagle3212 said:

Yeah, noticed that as well. I'm just submitting under the Spring 2018 tab since it's the only one available.

I emailed the school regarding this and got the following response:

"The Spring 2019 application will not open until 10 days after the Spring 2018 semester begins. Only one spring application can be open at a time.

Sincerely,

Miranda Vega
Graduate Assistant I College of Graduate and Professional Studies
Indiana State University
(812) 237-3005

But I am still confused because I also got an email from the office of admissions stating the following:

"You have not submitted your Indiana State admission application. Submitting your application as soon as possible will allow us to begin reviewing your application. You will still be able to upload documents after your application has been submitted. Follow this link to log back into your application. 

Indiana State University Office of Admissions"

I emailed them again and can post an update as soon as I get a response. 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, I got what I thought was a rejection email from ISU back in December, but received an email a week ago from them saying I had outstanding prereq courses and to send in my updated official transcripts via CASPA. They also said in that email that applicants with outstanding preqreqs will still be reviewed by the admissions committee. I emailed them because I am confused about whether I was rejected or am technically still under review, but received no response from them. Is anyone else in a similar situation?

I also received a rejection letter from ISU back in December and I was able to get in contact with them a couple weeks later from Kathryn Pommier and she said..

"Your application will be reviewed after the March deadline for this application cycle.  In December Debbie Rae left the program and others, including myself, have been filling in until a replacement can be hired.  Just before the holiday break there was a group of applicants who were mistakenly send denial notices from the graduate school.  This in no way affects their CASPA application review and we are working with the graduate school to rectify this problem.  Your application remains active and I apologize for this confusion." 

It cleared some things up but I have yet to hear back from them since then. Has anyone received an interview invite or rejection?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've also been patiently, but anxiously waiting to hear something from ISU about interviews. I'm hoping it will come within the next week or so because I know they usually hold interviews in May or June. CASPA opened today! Here's to hoping that we've only got one interview left!  

Hey guys, I have an update on my situation. Maybe this will answer some of your questions as well!

I emailed ISU about my situation, and they emailed me about a month later stating that the rejection email sent back in December was a mistake and that a lot of people got this email when they shouldn't have. Applications are still under review, and they are expecting that those who receive an interview will be notified in June. So if you haven't heard anything back yet, I wouldn't sweat it because it is still very early!

I hope this clears things up for some of you. Best of luck to everyone!

15 hours ago, mmR27 said:

Does anyone know the cost of tuition for out of state students?

15 hours ago, mmR27 said:

Does anyone know the cost of tuition for out of state students?

Here is a link to their website with lists for graduate tuition. I would imagine that it is comparable. https://www.indstate.edu/costs-aid/tuition-graduate

Looks like there's a discount for students that are residents of neighboring states. 

• 1 month later...
On 6/7/2018 at 8:44 PM, AnatomicalHeart said:

Just received an interview invite via email yesterday (looks like interviews will be July 12th and 13th for the Spring 2019 class), but I will be declining as I've accepted a seat elsewhere. Good luck everyone!! 

I received an interview invitation on Wednesday as well, but will also be declining to attend another program. Best wishes to everyone!

• 1 month later...

Archived