I went to Drexel. I recommend it. I believe it is not about the school, it is about the student. It is a great primary training for a PA. They have good reputation in the area. If you know what you want to specialize (ex. surgery), I believe that are some programs that put more focus on it ( I am not 100 % sure). Either way, it is what you make out if it.

You will not make a mistake if you go to Drexel.

Schmittie, I love to cycle mountain bike, rock climb and play soccer. What is your take on being able to get out and do these in the philly area? I'm from the west coast so the east is completely foreign. Any info is much appreciated. Thanks.

If you can travel a little ways you can find some good places to climb. There are places to boulder not to far from center city. There is also a huge indoor wall that is nice, they offer season passes for under 500 i think and they reset their routes pretty often. As far as mountain biking I know there are some good places within driving distance and a few trails that are close enough to bike to. I personally road cycle and have found some nice routes after I get a mile or two out of the city. There are intramural leagues at Drexel and a couple of adult leagues around the city.

Overall definitely not what you are probably use to on the east coast but it is only 2 and 1/2 years so I am sure you can find stuff to fill your cravings for climbing, soccer and biking.

Archived