• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/20/2017 at 5:34 PM, jlynneg said:

No questions are straightforward and nothing that you can really prepare for (trust me, I tried). You don't want to sound rehearsed, so focus on why you want to be a PA, reflect on your experiences as a medical provider, and be sure to listen to the questions being asked, respond, and dont drag on your answers. If you didn't already know, it's group interviews (2 other applicants with you) and 2 faculty for 3 total interview sessions. The day is incredibly fun... Enjoy it, be yourself, be supportive of each other, and before you know it, the day will be over. Meeting the night before with other applicants is wonderful! You get to know them better and you will show up knowing familiar faces. I'm still close friends with people that I met during my interviews... some got in before me, some didn't, and of course I have my now classmates.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thanks so much, really helpful!

On 11/12/2017 at 4:16 AM, Speckenpaugh said:

Congrats to all who recieved an invite to the second round of interviews! I interviewed and was accepted in the first round for Tacoma class 6. As I'm sure you have all heard by now, be yourself. It is by far the best advice I was given. Remember, you have been chosen from a very large pool of applicants. They know your qualifications, show them who you are and what you wish to contribute to MEDEX. Although it's a long day, it's actually fun. The interviewers are genuine and wish for you to succeed. Take a deep breath, answer honestly no matter what, and support your fellow applicants.  Can't wait to meet you guys! Good luck!

Congratulations, that is fantastic! I am hopeful I will get a chance to meet you and shake your hand in person. Thank you for the encouraging words!

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/18/2017 at 10:10 AM, Riverrat said:

I am looking forward to meeting you both!  Will you be arriving the day before the interview? If so what time? Have you heard about any other 9 Dec candidates we can reach out to?  

Hi Riverrat and Neptunium, the time is drawing very near! I'm checking into my hotel near the UW Tacoma campus on Thursday 12/7. If either or both of you would like to meet up somewhere to compare notes on Thursday or Friday, I'd be game. I would appreciate the opportunity to talk with you and shake out the nerves a bit. 

What are you doing to prepare? I'm essentially following the advice provided by a member earlier in this thread, that is, reflecting on my experiences and getting prepared to speak about my values and goals as a healthcare provider. I'd be happy to help you rehearse, and I'm interested in what you think will be important. 

Excited to meet you! 

14 hours ago, Cquinby said:

Hey everyone. It looks like a few of you were invited to the December 9 interview, congrats! I was also invited and am exited we are getting closer.  I'd love to get together with you all before the interview if possible.  Let me know.  

-Crystal

Hi Crystal,

Congratulations to you, too! Thanks for reaching out. It looks like Friday evening is when most everyone will be in Tacoma. Are you local? If not, when will you be arriving? Feel free to text me, it is the easiest way for me to connect.

I'm looking forward to meeting you! 

Leslie

On 11/30/2017 at 7:54 PM, Cquinby said:

Hey everyone. It looks like a few of you were invited to the December 9 interview, congrats! I was also invited and am exited we are getting closer.  I'd love to get together with you all before the interview if possible.  Let me know.  

-Crystal

Hi Crystal,

Congratulations to you, too! Thanks for reaching out. It looks like Friday evening is when most everyone will be in Tacoma. Are you local? If not, when will you be arriving? Feel free to text me, it is the easiest way for me to connect.

I'm looking forward to meeting you! 

Leslie

17 minutes ago, Riverrat said:

There is a thread with our interview date, TACOMA interview December 9th, with some ideas for meeting up on Friday, please check it out and add your thoughts. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Leslie

The Harmon brewery and eatery is right next door to UW Tacoma. Great food, beer, and space. This was the perfect location to meet. 

On 11/28/2017 at 11:23 PM, AprilBurrow said:

Hi Riverrat and Neptunium, the time is drawing very near! I'm checking into my hotel near the UW Tacoma campus on Thursday 12/7. If either or both of you would like to meet up somewhere to compare notes on Thursday or Friday, I'd be game. I would appreciate the opportunity to talk with you and shake out the nerves a bit. 

What are you doing to prepare? I'm essentially following the advice provided by a member earlier in this thread, that is, reflecting on my experiences and getting prepared to speak about my values and goals as a healthcare provider. I'd be happy to help you rehearse, and I'm interested in what you think will be important. 

Excited to meet you! 

Hi April,

Safe travels, see you soon!

Leslie

Archived