Starting PA School Tomorrow

Be prepared to have your butt planted to a chair... a lot!! HAH! From hours in class to coming home and studying. If you can't stand sitting for too long, look into a standing desk or something.

You will get into a rhythm of things after a little while. I'm in my third semester of didactic now and I feel like I have my study methods really figured out and I'm able to gauge how well I know the material before the test. But don't be afraid to switch up your study methods because some classes will require different things from you. You will likely have classes that will require more traditional study methods and then classes like history/physical exam that will be very different from undergrad. 

Study tip: if you see something in your notes/powerpoints or in readings that you haven't ever heard of before, look it up! Don't skip over a word you don't know. It is easier to read over words we don't recognize but I promise look those words up.

Help each other out. If you find a really awesome video that helped you on a subject, share it with your classmates. If you had a job through undergrad in something particular and people have certain questions, chip in. Others should do the same. Make sure if you are in a study group, you are all putting in and getting out a fair share. It shouldn't be one person with a wealth of knowledge just telling everyone else the info. Hopefully that makes sense.

Understand that you will have to say "no" to things. Not everything, but there will be things you miss out on and that is just part of this whole thing.

Have fun :)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived