What do you Carry everyday?

Aside from the above, I found carrying a Pulse Ox was helpful. Some clinics had them, others didn't and it came in handy on more than one occasion. I also recommend having some resources in print form (Sanfords, study guide of the sorts as you mentioned). During down time, a PA student looks studious when reading from a book and looks like a slacker when reading from their phone/iPad just because it looks like you're surfing Facebook.

Other than that, a granola bar and a couple extra pens. All the best on the next phase of your training.

28 minutes ago, beattie228 said:

Aside from the above, I found carrying a Pulse Ox was helpful. Some clinics had them, others didn't and it came in handy on more than one occasion. I also recommend having some resources in print form (Sanfords, study guide of the sorts as you mentioned). During down time, a PA student looks studious when reading from a book and looks like a slacker when reading from their phone/iPad just because it looks like you're surfing Facebook.

Other than that, a granola bar and a couple extra pens. All the best on the next phase of your training.

Thanks for the pearls!

• 2 weeks later...

Pockets: scope, MGH Medicine Guide, Pocket MD reference, pens, penlight, reflex hammer, index cards for notes, and a stack of blank, folded paper (I got into the habit of dividing blank sheets of paper into H&Ps as a way to keep reporting, etc. straight). 

Apps: epocrates, UpToDate, EM Rashes, EMRA Abx, Merck, MDCalc (a must have), AHRQ ePSS (screening guidelines by age). 

Backpack: Ferri's Best Test, Sanford Guide, Pance Prep Pearls, printed out objectives for that rotation. 

In hand: water bottle, sometimes snacks. 

• 5 months later...

Archived