Class of 2014!

Just wanted to start a thread to initiate some contact with others who will be starting next fall.

My name is Misty Neisen and I will be at the Meridian campus.

Thankfully, I live in Boise so I don't have to move. If anyone is moving to this area and have any questions, just ask, I have lived here for 13 years and I might be able to help.

Congratulations to all who made it and I look forward to meeting you in the fall.

Misty

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Misty, I am Joseph Felder. I have also accepted a seat at Meridian. I am not from the area, I have only driven through Boise. I am an active duty servicemember that is discharging (tonight actually.) I am currently stationed in South Korea, so I will be hopping on a plane tomorrow and flying into LA, where I will meet my family, get over my jet lag and drive north. I have so many questions, but i'll just give a few. I am going to school in Meridian, and my wife is attending Boise State-would you suggest we move to Boise, Meridian or Nampa? How wild is the weather? Is it hard to fly into the Boise Airport?

Hi Joseph!

If your wife is going to school at BSU, I would recommend living near BSU. Even a place close enough to walk or bike to BSU's campus would save a lot on driving and parking issues. Also, the public bus system is pretty good around downtown and through campus and BSU students ride for free. As a plus, you have the bonus of being able to walk downtown for an evening out; movies, dinner, concerts, etc. The Green Belt runs along the Boise river right next to BSU's campus and connects ~80 miles of paved walking/biking paths.

The main flow of traffic is from Nampa into Boise in the morning and reverse for the evening. So if you live in Boise your commute to Meridian is opposite traffic. And there is a ton of parking at ISU's campus, which no matter what we have to buy a pass for.

The weather is much colder than Korea, but it is pretty good. Currently the temperatures are around 40-50 degrees in the day and drop to high 20 to low 30's at night. We rarely have snow in the valley stick for more than 24 hours. I wouldn't describe the weather as wild, it is really pretty mild. My daffodils have begun to sprout and spring is on the way!

The Airport is a breeze. It is about 5 minutes from Downtown/BSU's campus and easy in, easy out.

You can PM me or just keep asking questions, I am happy to help! Have a safe flight back to the states and enjoyable drive up!

Misty

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived