TENNESSEE: Lipscomb University 2017-2018

Hi everyone, I am not able to view the website for Lispcomb University. I am using a mac, and using Safari, but I also tried it with google chrome and internet explorer with no luck either. It just keeps saying it cannot load the page because it cannot locate the server. Anyone have any advise? or a link that will work? I want to view the program requirements because I think I may be able to apply there. thank you for your help! 

6 minutes ago, SamiTello said:

Hi everyone, I am not able to view the website for Lispcomb University. I am using a mac, and using Safari, but I also tried it with google chrome and internet explorer with no luck either. It just keeps saying it cannot load the page because it cannot locate the server. Anyone have any advise? or a link that will work? I want to view the program requirements because I think I may be able to apply there. thank you for your help! 

Hello,

I am having the same problem. I would recommend you to call them before the weekend. 

Hi all, I wanted to update you with the information I have received. @Ak2011

Dr. Heffington replied to my email with some promising news, "

The accreditation process is going very well.  In fact, we are ahead of schedule.  Our final document submission should occur next week.  The ARC-PA asked us to actually move earlier in the process.  That is an excellent sign.  If things go well (and they should) we should hear the final approval in June.  Our site visit is scheduled for March.

We do not foresee any issues with the process and fully anticipate receiving accreditation. Our scheduled start date in set for Oct 1. As you know, we begin interviews in January."

I personally have chosen to rescind my acceptance to the January 3rd interview after being offered a seat in a local Arizona program. The Lipscomb faculty has been amazing in their professionalism and personal contact with me throughout the process and I really believe they will be starting an excellent program, therefore, it was a hard choice but financially necessary! But, I hope this opening gives another applicant the opportunity to see what it is all about! Best of luck to you all :) 

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, calendar said:

Hi all, I wanted to update you with the information I have received. @Ak2011

Dr. Heffington replied to my email with some promising news, "

The accreditation process is going very well.  In fact, we are ahead of schedule.  Our final document submission should occur next week.  The ARC-PA asked us to actually move earlier in the process.  That is an excellent sign.  If things go well (and they should) we should hear the final approval in June.  Our site visit is scheduled for March.

We do not foresee any issues with the process and fully anticipate receiving accreditation. Our scheduled start date in set for Oct 1. As you know, we begin interviews in January."

I personally have chosen to rescind my acceptance to the January 3rd interview after being offered a seat in a local Arizona program. The Lipscomb faculty has been amazing in their professionalism and personal contact with me throughout the process and I really believe they will be starting an excellent program, therefore, it was a hard choice but financially necessary! But, I hope this opening gives another applicant the opportunity to see what it is all about! Best of luck to you all :) 

Wow, congratulations on being accepted to the other program!! And thank you for letting the school know ? all the best to you!

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, PrePA277 said:

How did everyone’s interviews go this week?! Excited to be there next week! 

Hey guys! The interview day was so amazing! It is going to be such a great program. Also, they really rolled out the red carpet for all the interviewees. Everyone is so nice and it was really awesome that they only interviewed 14 people in one session and I had recently interviewed at a place with 60 people in one day. They will have a cadaver lab where we will be doing full dissections, which is very impressive for a PA program. Everything is being renovated and their facilities are topnotch. They told us they would accept a few people from this interview but the majority would be put on hold until the January interviews were completed. They mentioned possibly having interview in March.

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, Almortega said:

Hey guys! The interview day was so amazing! It is going to be such a great program. Also, they really rolled out the red carpet for all the interviewees. Everyone is so nice and it was really awesome that they only interviewed 14 people in one session and I had recently interviewed at a place with 60 people in one day. They will have a cadaver lab where we will be doing full dissections, which is very impressive for a PA program. Everything is being renovated and their facilities are topnotch. They told us they would accept a few people from this interview but the majority would be put on hold until the January interviews were completed. They mentioned possibly having interview in March.

Did they say whether or not you are accepted in @Almortega ? Also, I didn’t understand what you meant about March. Thanks for the information! I am interviewing the 11th of Jan. 

2 minutes ago, ERPA19 said:

Did they say whether or not you are accepted in @Almortega ? Also, I didn’t understand what you meant about March. Thanks for the information! I am interviewing the 11th of Jan. 

No they are sending an email out by the end of next week. It sounded like they had all of their interviews scheduled but are planning to do a March interview if the class is not filled. 

13 minutes ago, Almortega said:

No they are sending an email out by the end of next week. It sounded like they had all of their interviews scheduled but are planning to do a March interview if the class is not filled. 

Oh that’s great! Its been such a wait! How did your individual interview go? You sound like everything went extremely well. 

On 1/5/2018 at 5:17 PM, ERPA19 said:

Oh that’s great! Its been such a wait! How did your individual interview go? You sound like everything went extremely well. 

It went great. You interview with two of the faculty and they ask you questions about your resume and then some regular interview questions. They are nice and aren’t trying to trick you. The only thing I didn’t like was that it only lasted like 12 minutes and I honestly would have liked a longer interview. 

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, Almortega said:

It went great. You interview with two of the faculty and they ask you questions about your resume and then some regular interview questions. They are nice and aren’t trying to trick you. The only thing I didn’t like was that it only lasted like 12 minutes and I honestly would have liked a longer interview. 

Did you bring a copy of your resume? 

18 hours ago, Bonist55 said:

I am applying to this program late.  I hope that there are still invites remaining!  I have a great GPA, science GPA, and tons of DPC hours including many hours shadowing PA's.  Say a prayer for me as I hit submit all the way from CA!

I just submitted my application about a week ago and was wondering if they were still sending out interview invites as well!