TENNESSEE: Lipscomb University 2017-2018

Hey everyone! I applied to Lipscomb's PA program September 1st and have not heard anything back yet regarding my application. I did get confirmation on September 1st that my application was received and was under review. I went to one of the open houses and loved the program! Any advice? I'm afraid this long waiting period is a bad sign as it seems as though they have been reviewing applications quickly.

4 minutes ago, prepa337 said:

Hey everyone! I applied to Lipscomb's PA program September 1st and have not heard anything back yet regarding my application. I did get confirmation on September 1st that my application was received and was under review. I went to one of the open houses and loved the program! Any advice? I'm afraid this long waiting period is a bad sign as it seems as though they have been reviewing applications quickly.

Hey, just hang in there. I would try emailing them maybe just asking in general when you should be hearing back. So I have not gone to one of the open houses, but do you mind saying what you loved about the (hopeful to be) program?! Keep waiting patiently..I hope you hear from them soon!  

• Upvote 1

Yes, my favorite part about the program was the faculty, they were very welcoming and seemed like a great group of people to be spending time with, also very organized! It is a Christian based school and it truly felt like they cared about you as a person and not just as a student. The PA facilities were beautiful and the campus and surrounding area felt really safe. They are actually remodeling an entire building to be just for the PA program. The school also already has agreements with a lot of clinical sites for rotations.

On 11/9/2017 at 1:21 PM, prepa337 said:

Yes, my favorite part about the program was the faculty, they were very welcoming and seemed like a great group of people to be spending time with, also very organized! It is a Christian based school and it truly felt like they cared about you as a person and not just as a student. The PA facilities were beautiful and the campus and surrounding area felt really safe. They are actually remodeling an entire building to be just for the PA program. The school also already has agreements with a lot of clinical sites for rotations.

Did they say anything about what format of interview they will have?

On 11/9/2017 at 0:12 PM, KindnessMatters said:

Hey, just hang in there. I would try emailing them maybe just asking in general when you should be hearing back. So I have not gone to one of the open houses, but do you mind saying what you loved about the (hopeful to be) program?! Keep waiting patiently..I hope you hear from them soon!  

sorry I couldn't figure out how to reply, I posted the response above separately by mistake

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

This is kind of a weird question, but for everyone who applied here... are you Christian? Their program sounds great and I really like their values (which are apparently Christian-based), but I am Jewish and I'm worried that this might affect my chances of getting in. I have an interview in February and I'm nervous that they are going to ask questions about Christianity/faith. 

• Upvote 1

Have they sent out any rejections as quick as they have sent out interview invites? I received the email saying they received my application on October 20th but still have not heard a response about my status.

Echoing this..... anyone hear of any rejections? I received my email October 19 and haven’t heard either. I’m assuming the worst since they have very speedy turnarounds for some other applicants for interviews?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Elizabeth713 said:

This is kind of a weird question, but for everyone who applied here... are you Christian? Their program sounds great and I really like their values (which are apparently Christian-based), but I am Jewish and I'm worried that this might affect my chances of getting in. I have an interview in February and I'm nervous that they are going to ask questions about Christianity/faith. 

Hey, so I'm Muslim (and wear a hijab, so pretty overtly Muslim lol) and my interview is in January so I'll let you know how it goes! I think if they do ask faith based questions the best thing you can do is tie it into your faith's values which I would find to be very similar among all religions. From my personal experience, being different actually adds diversity to a school population and can often work in your favor. Good luck :)

• Upvote 5

Does anyone have an update on the program's accreditation status? I know they were supposed to be provisionally accredited around this time. I just checked Lipscomb's website, and there is no change in the section and I did check the official website and they are not listed http://www.arc-pa.org/accreditation/accredited-programs/

I will call tomorrow and update you all if I find anything. Please let me know if you find out anything else. I would like to know before I fly out to interview in January. 

2 hours ago, calendar said:

Does anyone have an update on the program's accreditation status? I know they were supposed to be provisionally accredited around this time. I just checked Lipscomb's website, and there is no change in the section and I did check the official website and they are not listed http://www.arc-pa.org/accreditation/accredited-programs/

I will call tomorrow and update you all if I find anything. Please let me know if you find out anything else. I would like to know before I fly out to interview in January. 

Their statement on their website that says they’ll find out June 2018 I think is still their plan? That would be good info though thanks!