University of the Pacific (Sacramento) 2017-2018

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UOP values students from the NorCal and surrounding valley area.  Do you live in the area, have family there, attend school there, born there, etc.?  I explained how I was raised in a rural city in NorCal.  There is a narrow character limit so you'll only be able to say a few sentences.  Best of luck!

UOP values students from the NorCal and surrounding valley area.  Do you live in the area, have family there, attend school there, born there, etc.?  I explained how I was raised in a rural city in NorCal.  There is a narrow character limit so you'll only be able to say a few sentences.  Best of luck!

Gotcha, thank you! I didn't even realize it's only 300 characters. I can't fit my leadership experience, unable to even explain or provide any little detail :/ how did you manage to do that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Give little detail but general synopsis:  I was a manager for (insert years) with (insert company).  Ideas for leadership positions would be team captain, student government, church leadership (bible study, small group, worship, etc), heading a fundraiser, manager or supervisor position, training position, etc.

On 9/3/2017 at 1:54 AM, thobel08 said:

Sent my application yesterday! This is my first time applying, anyone have an idea of when they get back to us or send out interview invites?

Congrats! I have to wait until December to submit, after I complete my anatomy course. Does anyone know if UOP goes on a rolling admissions process?

6 hours ago, Bonist55 said:

They have a semi-rolling process.  See image.

IMG_5435.PNG

So what does the early interview vs the general interview mean? Higher scoring applicants or is it just applicants who applied early. My microbiology course ends in December, so would that be a disadvantage to me? I just feel like it would be difficult for CASPA to receive my transcript in time and would eliminate me from the January 1st deadline. Does anyone know if it needs to be submitted and verified or does all material need to be included in the CASPA by January 1st?

10 hours ago, tjl2888 said:

So what does the early interview vs the general interview mean? Higher scoring applicants or is it just applicants who applied early. My microbiology course ends in December, so would that be a disadvantage to me? I just feel like it would be difficult for CASPA to receive my transcript in time and would eliminate me from the January 1st deadline. Does anyone know if it needs to be submitted and verified or does all material need to be included in the CASPA by January 1st?

I wouldn't worry about the breakdown of the semi-rolling admissions.  Just submit everything as soon as you can to fulfill the requirements by March 1.  Good luck in your class!

On 9/5/2017 at 8:30 PM, tjl2888 said:

Yea I'm in the same boat as you as I won't be done with my last pre-reqs until December. UOP Does start interviewing in January so I'm still not sure if it would be disadvantageous for me to apply much later in the application cycle :(

Received verification for "satisfying the initial screening criteria." They're still going over applications and the email said it could take several months to hear back as to what my status is. No word in the email saying if I'm a "high scoring applicant." They also said they're going to complete the initial screenings for apps by April 1, 2018. 

CASPA submission: 9/1

UOP verification email receiving app: 9/5

UOP verification email of satisfying initial screening: 9/10

i got the same email regarding satisfying their initial screening criteria. seems like they screen their applicants pretty early considering how quickly we received these emails. at the very least, i appreciate them keeping us in the loop. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone! I live in FL and I read above that someone said they ask about ties to California. I honestly have zero ties to California but I am interested in their program. I have applied for 10 schools and I've been verified back in May but I was looking around online for schools with March deadlines to add to my application. I was wondering if anyone could provide insight describing how much they favor people being in-state because I know it means a lot to some schools. Thank you all so much and best of luck! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi everyone! I live in FL and I read above that someone said they ask about ties to California. I honestly have zero ties to California but I am interested in their program. I have applied for 10 schools and I've been verified back in May but I was looking around online for schools with March deadlines to add to my application. I was wondering if anyone could provide insight describing how much they favor people being in-state because I know it means a lot to some schools. Thank you all so much and best of luck! :)

I interviewed at this program earlier this year and one of the applicants there with me was from Florida and had no ties to the NorCal area. I would send them your application regardless of ties to that area. It's a great program and although I didn't get accepted I will be submitting my application to them again.

I interviewed at this program earlier this year and one of the applicants there with me was from Florida and had no ties to the NorCal area. I would send them your application regardless of ties to that area. It's a great program and although I didn't get accepted I will be submitting my application to them again.

Thank you for the feedback!! I applied. Best of luck to you!

• 1 month later...

Archived