C.C Class Repeats

I am in the same situation, I have a D in my General Chemistry class and I am about to graduate, but I did not know that there is a policy against retaking a class after you graduate with a Bachelors. Does this mean you can't retake the class? Or does it mean grade after you retake will not replace the lower grade?

I am in the same situation, I have a D in my General Chemistry class and I am about to graduate, but I did not know that there is a policy against retaking a class after you graduate with a Bachelors. Does this mean you can't retake the class? Or does it mean grade after you retake will not replace the lower grade?

There's no policy against retaking classes. They were suggesting to petition to have the grade removed based on the OP being sick at the time. CASPA will show all attempts and calculate them into your GPA. Even though the bad grade is still there, it looks good that you retook it and did much better.

Whoever said to ask your school gave great advice. I asked my school after I graduated and they said no. (Their logic being that I should have petitioned or whatever well before then. And perhaps they are correct.) You can always retake classes. If you take them at your university are they going to replace the ones on your CC transcript? No, of course not. But both will be on CASPA so the improvement will be noted.

Question: what are you going to do differently to ensure that you aren't going to get low grades again? Don't answer here, because it doesn't really matter to me, but it's something you should be considering.

Archived