2017-2018 Cycle

On 8/30/2017 at 5:57 PM, cactusgirl said:

Hey yall! Just got an email today offering an interview in October! I'm super excited, but also very nervous! I've never been in a group interview...does anyone have any advice?! Thanks!

Hey! Congrats! I also have an interview in october with this school :)

On 8/30/2017 at 5:57 PM, cactusgirl said:

Hey yall! Just got an email today offering an interview in October! I'm super excited, but also very nervous! I've never been in a group interview...does anyone have any advice?! Thanks!

Hey! I'm currently a student at Marietta so I interviewed last year. There group interviews are very laid back and you'll have three people in each group with two group sessions. They will just go down the line taking turns asking people questions, which everyone gets the chance to answer. They like to see original answers and also referring back to the other students you're with to show that you're listening to them also and can work in a group well. If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask!

On 9/6/2017 at 5:19 PM, irishgirlxoxo said:

Hey! I'm currently a student at Marietta so I interviewed last year. There group interviews are very laid back and you'll have three people in each group with two group sessions. They will just go down the line taking turns asking people questions, which everyone gets the chance to answer. They like to see original answers and also referring back to the other students you're with to show that you're listening to them also and can work in a group well. If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask!

Hi irishgirlxoxo thank you so much for your response! That is super helpful hearing that! I know you can't give too much away about the interview, but should I anticipate any off-the-wall questions or do they pretty much stick to the traditional questions? Thank you for your help!

On 9/12/2017 at 6:56 PM, cactusgirl said:

Hi irishgirlxoxo thank you so much for your response! That is super helpful hearing that! I know you can't give too much away about the interview, but should I anticipate any off-the-wall questions or do they pretty much stick to the traditional questions? Thank you for your help!

I wouldn't expect any off the wall questions, at least I don't remember being thrown off by any that I wasn't prepared for. Plus most of the time you have time to prepare & think of them because 2/3 you won't be going first. Goodluck though and let me know if you have any more questions. I know it's nerve racking but just take a deep breath and they just want to see if you'd be able to work well with others that's all

• 4 weeks later...
17 hours ago, PhysicianAssistant2017 said:

I received my acceptance from the October 6 interview as well! Has anyone committed? 

Congrats to you and everyone else who has been accepted! When did you get the phone call? I still haven't heard anything and I'm worried I'm going to be waitlisted.

2 hours ago, ma1311 said:

Nice!  Are you staying at a hotel the night before?

Yep! I'm not sure which one yet, but it'll probably be one off of the list. I am not from the area so I'm arriving early to check out the area. So if anyone has any must visit places I'd love recommendations. What about you? Are you local or coming from a ways away?

On 10/16/2017 at 5:39 PM, PhysicianAssistant2017 said:

I received my acceptance from the October 6 interview as well! Has anyone committed? 

I also got accepted for october 3rd interview but I bailed out because of the cancer causing emissions around the area. Mn polluted environment

16 hours ago, Kit said:

Yep! I'm not sure which one yet, but it'll probably be one off of the list. I am not from the area so I'm arriving early to check out the area. So if anyone has any must visit places I'd love recommendations. What about you? Are you local or coming from a ways away?

I am from the Cleveland area so I will be arriving the day before and staying in a hotel as well!  

I also have an interview on the 4th! I don't live far from Marietta, so I will be commuting that morning. If you're looking for something to do the Lafayette Hotel may be worth a walk through if you're interested in old architecture and peering back in time.

For everyone who has already had their interview, how was it? Should I really be this nervous?

Archived