Help with Direct Patient Care

Hi Guys,

I currently work as a CT tech assistant at a level 1 trauma hospital in Wisconsin. My duties on each of my shifts include handling all of the patient duties when the CT techs are busy. I get the patients ready for the scan, flush and remove IVs, administer IV contrast, and transport patients to and from the ER, to name a few. I see and deal with stroke codes, level 1 traumas, inpatients, outpatients, and ICU patients. I cannot find a ton of information as to if my current job would count as a fine site to acquire direct patient care or not, and I am also unable to find any posts of individuals who have had a similar experience as mine. Thanks for the help!

Awesome, thank you for the quick response! I have been worried about this for a while now. Follow-up question: I was recently offered a position as an ultrasound/mammography tech assistant at an outpatient clinic. I feel my duties will mainly include clerical work rather than interacting with patients, although my manager told me I would also be assisting in preparing the patients for their mammograms (dressing them, getting them from the waiting room, etc). I feel this position might not offer that much interaction with patients and therefore may not be recognized as that great of patient care by some schools. Thoughts?

Archived