2017-2018 app cycle - Barry University MIAMI CAMPUS

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It has been 3 months and two days (June 20) since my CAPSA application was verified and I JUST received an email saying I am missing my anatomy lab prerequisite. I called a couple times back in July and August to see if they needed me to send them information about it being included in my lecture section, but she had no interest in looking up my application to tell me if I would need it. I kind of reached a point of acceptance that I would probably never hear back from them haha. A little frustrated with the three month delay in telling me this, but oh well.. At least I heard back...

12 minutes ago, Tw0128 said:

It has been 3 months and two days (June 20) since my CAPSA application was verified and I JUST received an email saying I am missing my anatomy lab prerequisite. I called a couple times back in July and August to see if they needed me to send them information about it being included in my lecture section, but she had no interest in looking up my application to tell me if I would need it. I kind of reached a point of acceptance that I would probably never hear back from them haha. A little frustrated with the three month delay in telling me this, but oh well.. At least I heard back...

I got my app verified around June 7 and they told me i was missing a lab pre req as well a couple weeks ago. Now they sent me another email earlier this week saying I am missing a LOR... which doesn't make sense. i have 3 letters in and everything.. I get that they're busy but I have also just kinda accepted this as a throwaway application. 

3 minutes ago, ilygurlie said:

I got my app verified around June 7 and they told me i was missing a lab pre req as well a couple weeks ago. Now they sent me another email earlier this week saying I am missing a LOR... which doesn't make sense. i have 3 letters in and everything.. I get that they're busy but I have also just kinda accepted this as a throwaway application. 

Yeah it's kind of frustrating! I just had an interview at a different school and during the group discussion with first year students one of them said "always consider communication with a program before you accept an offer. If you've had a negative experience trying to get questions answered, how will that carry on into the program" which has stuck with me haha. I was told I would get this review email "in a few days" back in July.. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MattHatter said:

Has anyone not heard back any information concerning actually receiving CASPA files? I have no confirmation of receipt, and have emailed twice now...

I applied later in the cycle (verified Aug 11), but it has been over two months and no acknowledgement even with a couple of follow up emails. You’re not alone friend.

I have no idea whether or not they’ve received my application, but on CASPA, I’m verified. Was hoping to at least receive a verification from the program. 

When did you turn everything in? I was verified early May and didn't receive a verification email from Barry until very end of June so they took a little over a month and a half.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 10/23/2017 at 11:44 AM, MattHatter said:

I have no idea whether or not they’ve received my application, but on CASPA, I’m verified. Was hoping to at least receive a verification from the program. 

Same here! I applied back in July and have not heard from them at all. I've tried calling them multiple times and no one pick up. 

3 hours ago, Lantech said:

Got my acceptance letter yesterday! Interviewed the 27 and it was actually a really small group because most professors were gone for conference so I’m sure they will be having more interview to make up 

Hey, it's Kelly...we interviewed together! I got in too! :) 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived