Applying in 2012!

Hey all! I'll be applying this year to Mercy's program. I thought we could use a thread to discuss/rant about the program and application process. I'm applying to a few other schools, but coming from Michigan I would love to study and work in Detroit. Anyone else getting ready to apply or have some thoughts about the program?

• 3 months later...

I'll post some stats for those that are curious:

cGPA: around 3.65 (4.0 last 90 hours)

sGPA: 3.8

GRE 1190 combined, 3.5 writing (yikes)

Experience: around 2000 hours: 1000 as Home Health Aide, 1000 hours (by the time I apply) as a tech in the ICU

Volunteer: too much to list, but hospice and trauma ICU at the hospital is my most recent volunteer work

Shadowing: about 4 different PAs in different areas

Good luck to everybody! Let's keep this thread active and lively!

Experience: around 2000 hours: 1000 as Home Health Aide, 1000 hours (by the time I apply) as a tech in the ICU

Volunteer: too much to list, but hospice and trauma ICU at the hospital is my most recent volunteer work

Hey All,

I completed my CASPA application last week, and now I am patiently waiting for it to get mailed. I applied to 5 schools, but Detroit Mercy is my first choice. I contacted the school, and the supplemental applications will open up in August (the currently supplemental does not have the essays mentioned on the application requirements website). Good luck to everyone!

Hey All,

I completed my CASPA application last week, and now I am patiently waiting for it to get mailed. I applied to 5 schools, but Detroit Mercy is my first choice. I contacted the school, and the supplemental applications will open up in August (the currently supplemental does not have the essays mentioned on the application requirements website). Good luck to everyone!

I'm applying to Detroit Mercy and Wayne State. I'm from Windsor, Ontario (next door) and would like to stay in the Detroit area. The only thing that I didn't like about applying to Detroit Mercy is the fact that I have to send my Canadian transcripts for foreign evaluation. It feel like it's extra work and very upsetting since I went to accredited Canadian universities :-_-:

I went to a private college in MI. Sorry, I know I'm being vague. I've really enjoyed volunteering in the trauma ICU. Even more, I am learning so much from my tech position in the ICU. Most hospitals have a volunteering services department that anybody can go through to sign up. However, you will probably have to interview and jump through some hoops in order to get signed up. It's worth it though. PAdreams, do you work in health care currently?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have just over 2 years of direct care experience working in the PT department at an urban hospital and at an outpatient urgent care clinic in a rural area. I've shadowed about 5 different PAs (formally) and even got to watch a surgery assisted by a PA. I'm hoping my experience and interest are enough to get me into school--this profession is just awesome and I want to be apart of it!

Hi everyone,

I heard a few people said that UDM supplemental application will have an essay portion this year added to it. Have any of you already completed the supplemental? I am just a little confused because I have submitted the online supplemental along with CASPA application back in June. Please let me know if you know anything about this essay portion on the actual supplemental application that has to be mailed. Thanks so much in advance!

Archived