Hey guys! I hear a lot about the autonomy of dermatology PAs and I hear them talk about doing injections on their own and minor surgeries. I also hear about psych PAs saying they do everything the doc does. But I was wondering if there are other specialties out there that allow for this when it comes to being hands on. Or is it basically only a derm thing?

I love the whole body and am thinking I'd be more suited for family, emergency, or internal medicine or something along those lines but I'm open to learning about all that PAs can do! Especially because I'd like to be hands on. Do you know any plastics PAs or are you yourself one? I'd like to become more informed about the wonderful PA profession!

Thanks everyone!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By avanilla10
      Hi! So post grad life has changed my career plans from being a Doctor to a PA and honestly it's such a liberating feeling of not having to deal with the MCAT and residency. On the other hand, I don't know what my next steps should be since I made this decision very recently.
      Is there a specific program in the military (AF/Navy/Reserves?) where I can enter as an officer (I have a bachelor's in psychology and minor in sociology), get experience working in the hospital (in the pediatric ward if possible), then apply to PA school using those accrued hours as direct patient contact? And the number of X years I have to do in order to be able to get out of the military to pursue PA training?
      I would apply to PA school except I'm short on my PA pre-reqs since I've been doing pre-med pre-reqs all of undergrad, plus I didn't really get out there to work in a paid position that involves direct patient contact....and I haven't taken the GRE to boot. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but will my PA schooling, housing, etc be paid only if I get into a PA program prior to starting? Or is that a whole different program entirely dedicated for med and dental students?
      I know there's a lot to unpack here but if anyone could help me on how I should go about this, I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance!
    • By euttikur
      Hello there! My name is Evelyn Uttikur and I am currently a pre-PA student that resides in Queens. I have volunteered at a local hospital, however, I would greatly appreciate if there are any PAs that are willing to let me shadow them and to impart any advice or wisdom necessary.
      Please email me at evelynuttikur@gmail.com when you get the chance. Thank you! 
    • By EddyG
      I am a pre-pa student looking for any shadowing opportunities in Las Vegas! Any field/specialization is good, I have some experience shadowing medical students in a family clinic, but that's it as far as shadowing goes. My schedule is flexible and I'll do my best to accommodate to your time/availability.
    • By Kavitar27
      Can PA's do a residency in another country? And would they be able to practice their certification in that country, should they decide to move to that country??

• By DrewthePA
      Hello all San Diego PA's!
      I'm looking to shadow a Physician Assistant of any specialty here in San Diego County/Temecula area . I am studying pre-PA coursework at a local college for pre requisites and have been an EMT in San Diego for 8 months.I am professional, passionate about medicine, and inquisitive. I would be very grateful for any opportunity. Thank you for taking the time to reading my post.

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More