changing prerequisite in progress info

Guest hcruz496

Guest hcruz496

On my CASPA application I listed that I would be taking medical terminology at a 4 year university this fall.  It turns out that medical terminology is full at the university that I said I would be taking it at.  I got into a class at a community college and for less than half the cost.  Only two of my programs require medical terminology and they only require that it is from an accredited school, so do I let them know the school where I am taking it has changed?  Would I even need to let them know other than sending a transcript after course completion?

20 minutes ago, hcruz496 said:

On my CASPA application I listed that I would be taking medical terminology at a 4 year university this fall.  It turns out that medical terminology is full at the university that I said I would be taking it at.  I got into a class at a community college and for less than half the cost.  Only two of my programs require medical terminology and they only require that it is from an accredited school, so do I let them know the school where I am taking it has changed?  Would I even need to let them know other than sending a transcript after course completion?

It should not be an issue.  What's important is to send your transcript(s) in as soon as you're done. In addition, find out if your prospective schools require any notice regarding on going or pending class If there's change. If not, you don't need to contact them, the transcript would be clear when the class is completed.

• Administrator

Medical terminology is a class that SHOULD be taken at a community college.  It's the epitome of a 100 level class, and there's absolutely nothing that you're going to get from going to a 4-year school for that.

It's also typically 2-3 credits which are dead simple and require hardly any effort if you've taken any Romance language or similar courses that expose you to Latin and/or Greek roots.

Guest hcruz496
On 8/19/2017 at 1:36 AM, rev ronin said:

Medical terminology is a class that SHOULD be taken at a community college.  It's the epitome of a 100 level class, and there's absolutely nothing that you're going to get from going to a 4-year school for that.

It's also typically 2-3 credits which are dead simple and require hardly any effort if you've taken any Romance language or similar courses that expose you to Latin and/or Greek roots.

I agree, but for some reason it is junior level at my university.

Archived