Anyone have any DEFINITIVE information about Primary Care vs Adult PANRE?

Been searching the boards, and no one seems to know much about the test content...even called NCCPA today and they basically had no more information than the pretty much useless blurb on their website.  I work Urgent Care with only a little bit of peds, but no one seems to know what exactly the nature of the extra peds questions on the Primary Care version are....meaning, is it detailed stuff about milestones and genetic diseases, i.e. non-clinical, not super-relevant stuff of  that nature, or is it regular and applicable info like what I encounter in my daily work?    And is the adult med exam also going to arcane intensivist stuff in place of the peds questions, or more like regular test material?  Would I have a better chance of passing the Primary Care or the Adult med PANRE?   Very surprised by the lack of information out there about this....

Thanks all...

I appreciate the response...I am wondering, though, would the Adult only be easier than the Primary Care?   It may be similar to PANCE, but i'd love to have an easier time than the PANCE was...trying to find out specifically what extra peds stuff is on the Primary Care format, vs what sort of extra adult stuff is on the Adult format.

I just took the PANRE last week and took the adult medicine version (I work in neurosurgery).  I actually called to change it to the traditional version, but it was a bit of a risk of losing my test slot as close as I was to taking it.  The person I talked to at the NCCPA told me that basically, for the 40% or whatever that is the "adult medicine" portion rather than the "primary care" portion, that if there is a peds question, they swap it out for an adult question within the same organ system.  So, if it's a question on a kid with an ear infection, you'll get an adult ENT question instead.  That's how he explained it to me.  If you do minimal peds and work in primarily adult urgent care, i would think you may want the adult version.  I do minimal internal medicine/primary care type work, and thought it was ok after going to a review course.  I was glad I didn't feel the need to study very specific peds details (vaccinations, milestones, etc).  Good luck!

I took PANRE last week, found out this week I passed.

Next one when I am 61, damn.

I took adult med focus rather than pricare since my specialty is EM. 

Still had peds ? but very minimal.

Adult ? fell along the spectrum of FM, IM, EM and Surg within blueprint.

This will be the 3rd PANRE, no studying, relied upon active clinical practice and CME to prepare.

Did take the 3 day Certified Medical Educators review back in Feb with the graduating PA class where I teach.

Your question reveals the issue with PANRE.

There are 13 organ areas, each with a minimum of 20 topics. Multiply by 7 task areas. Minimum of 1820 details to be responsible for. Sure, you can cut that down by focusing on high percentage organ and task areas .... whittle it down to 1200 details. Make sure you fit that in with your full time job, your life and family and all that free time you have. 

Good luck.

George

Archived