Really Great Podcast to Help with PANCE Review Created by My PA School Tutor!

Hey All! I'm currently a PA student at the University of Tennessee Health Science Center and my absurdly smart tutor (who abandoned me to go be a doctor, ugh) wrote a board review book during his M3 year, and has created a podcast where all the episodes are around 20-30 minutes, funny, interesting, ABSURDLY HELPFUL and come with a PDF study sheet with all of the info on it. It's helped a lot of students with the USMLE for med school, has helped me in classes and is helpful for the important topics for board prep.

The link to his podcast is below along with his words describing it and a brief bio on him. Med students and PA students alike are drawn to the way he teaches important, but sometimes hard to grasp info, and his genuine excitement for medicine. It only costs $3 a month to get multiple podcasts per month with PDFs and weekly blog posts (and you can pay less if you want as well). Also, here is a link to a video of him describing the podcast, so you can see who you're learning from. https://youtu.be/HogqPPmee5g

Try it out, tell your friends, and let either me or him know your thoughts! He's super open to suggestions about how to make it better and more beneficial. THANKS!

-Taylor

Podcast: "Medical Bombs of Knowledge"

https://www.patreon.com/bombsofknowledge

He wants to expand his audience beyond UTHSC students so he asked me to post the below info about him and his podcast:

"Hi! My name is Blake Briggs and I'm an ER resident at Wake Forest Baptist Health in NC. I have been a PA and med school tutor for over 4 years and wrote a board review book that was published in 2016. 

Have you ever felt that things could be taught better in PA school? From what I've seen, there 2 things missing in medical education these days that we could use more of:

1. EXCITEMENT!

2. High-yield teaching that makes things SIMPLE

I want to change that! Medicine is incredible! It should be taught that way, so I'd like to introduce you to Medical Bombs of Knowledge, where I publish high-yield podcasts that are ENTERTAINING, ENJOYABLE, and teach you the classic board style presentations of cases. Basically, you learn the important stuff in a FUN and more direct way. Every podcast can be sped up, comes with a DOWNLOADABLE PDF SCRIPT that has high-yield topics, and I write blogs WEEKLY on various topics I come across. 

The monthly membership is suggested $3, but you can pay whatever you want based on your finances. Click here and give it a shot, what do you have to lose except a new way to better master the material and be a future PA: https://www.patreon.com/bombsofknowledge

Bombs Away,

Blake Briggs, MD

Brief Bio:

Blake Briggs received his Doctorate in Medicine from the University of Tennessee College of Medicine, in Memphis, TN. He was awarded the Faculty Award for Excellence for graduating with a 4.0, and was bestowed the AOA Scholars Award for "Most Likely to Contribute to the Medical Profession." He completed his undergraduate studies with a B.A., Magna Cum Laude, from Wake Forest University. He is a member of Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society and Gold Humanism Honor Society. Since his first year of medical school, he has tutored a variety of scientific disciplines for medical, dental, and physician assistant students. In 2016, he published a 417-page book, 201 Pathophysiology Questions, which is a high-yield manuscript for medical board preparations for both PA and medical students. It is currently available on Amazon. 

He continues to enjoy his role as teacher, with a focus on a logical approach to the basic sciences and organ systems, in which students memorize less and understand more. Besides a strong medical knowledge base, Dr. Briggs also has a robust interest in hiking, biking and backpacking the globe.

Archived