California Baptist 2017 cycle

@Kobi29 I applied just after their application opened on July 1st. Haven't heard from any of the schools yet. The first year CBU took online applications but not through CASPA. I had an interview in February or March of that cycle I think. Not sure how they are doing things this year.

Thanks for the information. Do you recall what month you received your invite?

hey guys! there is an info session going on online right now. Try to join if you have questions, or if you have specific questions I'll happily ask on your behalf and let you know their answer.

I also just read this on their website "for the entering class, interviews will begin in November 2017."

hey guys! there is an info session going on online right now. Try to join if you have questions, or if you have specific questions I'll happily ask on your behalf and let you know their answer.
I also just read this on their website "for the entering class, interviews will begin in November 2017."

Also can you ask them what their timeline is ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Kobi29 said:

Can you ask if they are rolling? I can't get to a computer right now

1 hour ago, Kobi29 said:

Also can you ask them what their timeline is ?

They are technically on a rolling basis. However, they prefer for you to complete all of your prereqs and hours before you submit. They have not sent out any interviews yet, they are still trying to get everything together. They have no specific date for when they will start sending out interview invites. They will try to give a months notice and interview will be held from the Fall until Feb.

• Upvote 1

What is kind of a bummer is that they seem to put heavy weight on overall GPA and science GPA. I personally have a very strong upwards trend for my pre-reqs and last 50ish units, and my overall GPA is pretty low. I fear that trend will not be recognized. 

Average GPA last year was 3.59 with about 2000 hrs of PCE. 

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, yellek said:

What is kind of a bummer is that they seem to put heavy weight on overall GPA and science GPA. I personally have a very strong upwards trend for my pre-reqs and last 50ish units, and my overall GPA is pretty low. I fear that trend will not be recognized. 

Thank you for the information! Is that their average overall or science GPA? 

Is there anything else that they mentioned that may help supplement an app that they mentioned?

9 minutes ago, Kobi29 said:

Is there anything else that they mentioned that may help supplement an app that they mentioned?

She talked heavily on shadowing. She said if you don't have any shadowing experience, you are at a disadvantage.

Also, like I said overall CASPA GPA was said to be incredibly important. You are automatically filtered out if you do not meet their 3.2 overall and 3.0 science GPA requirement. 

Quality of hours. She said that phlebotomy hours are not great and to try to supplement it with something else. She kept mentioning "vitals". If you do vitals or any type of PCE that involve direct patient assessment, you are fine. They accept volunteer or paid. 

They like volunteering. She did not talk too much about it but it is looked at. 

They like LOR from a variety of sources, but would like one from a PA or MD or someone in the health field. 

... hmm kind of the usual to be honest. The only think that kind of shocked me (like I said in a post above) is that they do not look at most recent grades, so you better hope you didn't slack too much when you were an immature undergrad student (like myself)!!! They will look at pre req GPA, but this year is the first time they are doing that.

20 minutes ago, aliali said:

Thank you for the information! Is that their average overall or science GPA? 

The 3.59 was the overall GPA of their most recent admitted class. The average science was about a 3.5. I guess their "average" number of PCE was actually much higher than the 2000, but that was due to one student being admitted with 30,000 hours! So the 2000 PCE i wrote was without that crazy skew from that one student.