Class of 2014 Results!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone know when the second round of acceptances will go out? Are they going to randomly call people, when applicants decline or will they have another meeting and make all of the phone calls on the same day like the first round?

From what I have heard, the different faculty members have their lists of applicants and they make more phone calls on their terms, whenever their chosen applicants turn down their spots.. It does not seem like there have been any more acceptances since the first day though, so maybe this is not the case.. We gotta hang in there!!

I know people who are in both programs currently and based on their comments, I feel more secure in choosing UDM over UT. My two friends love it at UDM and it is closer to home. My friend at UT just isn't as thrilled. Everyone is different obviously. Both programs are about the same in cost with out of state tuition being jacked to $5300 a semester which is crazy. Maybe I'll see you at UDM!!!! Did you hear if you got in yet?

I am from Metro Detroit and I believe they said out of state tution and fees would come to about $66,000 for the two years, whereas in state was about $39,000. When I was at UDM's information session, they indicated their cost to be about $78,000 for the two years. Many people can pay somewhere between in state and out of state at UT by establishing residency during their first year, although that will not be the case for me as my wife and kids will be staying in Michigan. I also know someone in UT's program who loves it. From what I can gather, UT, UDM, and Wayne State are all fine programs and are pretty comparable, so to me it comes down to where you feel most comfortable.

Thank you so much for the information everyone. When I calculated the cost of tuition with 2 semesters out of state (Fall 2012 and Spring 2013) and the rest of tuition in state (well Monroe county) at U of T it ended up being $30K cheaper than UDM which is one of the reasons I want to attend U of T. I also felt more welcome at U of T for both the informational session and interview than at Wayne State and UDM. I haven't heard back from U of D and they said that they will contact everyone around April 15th. I am so excited to start this fall but I got a little nervous with the previous comment.

Best of luck to you. I got my information from the Registrar's Office directly - called them on the phone. Also talked with Kristi and she said she won't be sending out the forms until she gets everyone's deposits. Probably not until May. Looking forward to seeing you as well as the rest of the class :).

yes UDM is cheaper but i can live at home and not have to pay $500 a month for rent for the next 27 months and food which adds up quickly. So with that, the costs are pretty similar. But yes, just tuition is cheaper at UT but I think you'd be crazy if you are thinking of commuting from Michigan to Toledo.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi current PA students, I have an interview for the class of 2015 on wednesday (1/23/13)! I am just hoping to get some feedback about the program... What do you like best about it? Is there anything you have found to be unique to this program that you love? And how is living in Toledo? I am from Montana, so it will be a big change for me if I get in :)

Thanks so much!

Archived