Am I hurting my chances by not taking this class?

I was reading the admissions portion of the PA Program (Barry) page where i received an interview invite, and noticed that it requires that "In progress/planned prerequisite coursework must be completed, successfully, by December 15th with a C grade or higher.

I have already completed General Chemistry I with a C, but listed it again as planned on my application because I had planned to retake it this fall just in case I need to reapply in 2018 (I'd planned to get an A). After receiving a couple interview invites, I don't want to take the class anymore. I am wondering if this would this be in violation of the requirement to complete planned prerequisite coursework although I have already passed the course with a C or higher originally? I’d like to see if I am accepted without the class before spending the time and money on it. If it is essential to my admission, I will continue with the class. 

Please note that I've reached out to the program several times asking this, and I've not gotten any response. I really would rather save the money on the class and use it for interview travel expenses. 

I deleted it from my CASPA as planned. But I'm wondering if they will see it at dishonesty, despite it really being my plan at the time i submitted. thoughts? 

@abp_520 I don't see how you would be violating their rules if you already received a C in the class. Technically the pre-requisite has been fulfilled assuming a C is the minimum the school will accept (I think Drexel has a B (?) minimum). I guess it's a different story if you're worried about what other schools may think of you deciding not to retake the chem class. Besides that, calling on a regular basis and emailing Barry is probably the best you can do. I'm surprised that you haven't been able to speak to anyone over the phone, though. 

Also, assuming you did well in your other hard science classes I find it hard to believe that they would make a huge deal over you deciding to not retake a C in an intro chemistry class... But yeah if you are THAT worried, just make it very clear in writing that you do not currently plan to retake Chem I, and gauge their response.   

5 minutes ago, LeQuack said:

@abp_520 I don't see how you would be violating their rules if you already received a C in the class. Technically the pre-requisite has been fulfilled assuming a C is the minimum the school will accept (I think Drexel has a B (?) minimum). I guess it's a different story if you're worried about what other schools may think of you deciding not to retake the chem class. Besides that, calling on a regular basis and emailing Barry is probably the best you can do. I'm surprised that you haven't been able to speak to anyone over the phone, though. 

I'm just reading into the fact that it says "any prerequisite courses listed as planned must be completed by dec 15th" and I had a prerequisite course listed as planned. I may just be over thinking things. 

Archived