Usual time period to hear back?

This is my first time applying, and Im just looking for some from feedback from some seasoned applicants who have applied in the past. I applied to a few programs and haven't heard back yet from any of them besides the typical "your application is under review" emails. I know its still early but I was wondering what the general time period is to hear back. 

Thanks in advance to anyone who has some feedback! Good luck everyone ! :)

My guess would be they either haven't started sending out interview invites or rejection emails yet, or they like you but you're not competitive enough for the early interviews, so they haven't told you anything.

In my experience if you are rejected from a school you will receive some form of formal notice (most likely an email). I completely understand the nerves, but at this point the most likely scenario is that they like your application and are considering you for their program, but there are more competitive applicants who also applied and they are getting interviews first.

Keep your head up, keep working/shadowing to continuously improve your application and consider updating your schools if you have accrued more PCE, shadowing etc.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, MT2PA said:

Some wait until the spring to send out all the rejection letters even if they were never going to consider you for an interview.  Some will reject you right away to save everyone the time.  There is no standard timeline...it's just a waiting game.

I feel like the former is kind of a shi**y thing to do. But I guess if you have a ton of applications, things can get hectic. 

Archived