Renegotiate schedule after starting work?

Hey all,

Recently started at a new job as a new grad.  I'm in a "training period" now where I'm essentially seeing every patient, and my SP comes in afterwards and we talk about each patient.  It's a nice setup for now.  Our clinic is open 8-5 M-F, but we frequently come In earlier (6:30-7:00) and stay until 6-6:30.  It's a one doc practice and I am the first PA to join.  While I am "full time" per my contract, is there any way I can negotiate a "creative" schedule once I start seeing patients independently?  Is there any way I could lobby for a 4 day work week?  I have a feeling the schedule is going to be very overwhelming and I'd like to get ahead of this before feeling like I'm drowning.

Thanks for any input!!

• 2 weeks later...

Everything is negotiable. I worked really hard and long days at the beginning, understanding I was new. But once I was comfortable and producing I renegotiated a 4-day work week. As NJPL1213 mentioned if you paint it in a way that shows productivity won't change shouldn't matter as much in a private practice. Offering seeing 2-3 more patients a day helps. I would also try to negotiate some admin hours if your charting, etc is getting overwhelming. I have a buffer of 20 min before lunch and 20 min end of day to help.

Archived