MAJOR Mistakes in CASPA application after e-submitting

Has anyone else found typos in their application after e-submitting it?  I had a difficult time when completing my application.  When I would input information into the application, it would not save (as the grey “save and continue” box was not highlighted).  So, numerous times, I was left having to sign out of CASPA and then log back in.  In addition, when listing the state for the colleges I have attended, it would keep inserting “Michigan” for the state instead of New York.  

In addition, I had both my husband and mother proofread my application.  I made the changes they suggested prior to submitting the application.  Yet, now, I see (after submission) that my changes did not save so I have numerous typos.  This is a huge ordeal because there are numerous grammatical and spelling errors.  For example, when listing my previous experience as an adjunct instructor, I spelled adjunct wrong (ajunt).  My mother caught it, but since the changes did not save I am going to look like I do not know basic English.  Things that I had corrected that should be in past tense are in present tense (and vise versa).  Furthermore, one of my colleges is still listed as being in Michigan (I am certain that this was corrected prior to submission).

Also, the names of my references at the end of my application are spelled wrong.  I am 100% certain that I spelled them correctly.  When I log back into CAPSA, the names appear correctly under “Evaluations” but not on the application. 

Can anyone offer me any suggestions?  I am sure that this is going to cost me interviews in spite of my high GPA and HCE.  I am not going to lie - if I was an admissions committee and caught these errors, I would throw my application in the trash.  I take responsibility for the typos.  I should have THOROUGHLY checked my application before submitting it (even after making amendments).  However, I know that some of the information like school state and reference names were correct when I submitted same.  Ugh! :(  

With this being said, my application has not yet been verified.  Is it possible for me to request that it be “undelivered” so that I can correct these errors?  If not, should I update my experience with the correct information (or will this just confuse the colleges I am applying to)?  Should I call and discuss it with the colleges I have applied to (or hope that they do not catch these errors)?  I am not sure I want to invest any more money if this is going to kill my chance at admission.  My personal statement is error free.  I typed it in Word.  So, any and all changes were made prior to it being cut & pasted into CASPA.  Everything else is a mess!  

Someone please tell me I am not alone! I am so sick over this.  

12 minutes ago, EW014334 said:

Has anyone else found typos in their application after e-submitting it?  I had a difficult time when completing my application.  When I would input information into the application, it would not save (as the grey “save and continue” box was not highlighted).  So, numerous times, I was left having to sign out of CASPA and then log back in.  In addition, when listing the state for the colleges I have attended, it would keep inserting “Michigan” for the state instead of New York.  

In addition, I had both my husband and mother proofread my application.  I made the changes they suggested prior to submitting the application.  Yet, now, I see (after submission) that my changes did not save so I have numerous typos.  This is a huge ordeal because there are numerous grammatical and spelling errors.  For example, when listing my previous experience as an adjunct instructor, I spelled adjunct wrong (ajunt).  My mother caught it, but since the changes did not save I am going to look like I do not know basic English.  Things that I had corrected that should be in past tense are in present tense (and vise versa).  Furthermore, one of my colleges is still listed as being in Michigan (I am certain that this was corrected prior to submission).

Also, the names of my references at the end of my application are spelled wrong.  I am 100% certain that I spelled them correctly.  When I log back into CAPSA, the names appear correctly under “Evaluations” but not on the application. 

Can anyone offer me any suggestions?  I am sure that this is going to cost me interviews in spite of my high GPA and HCE.  I am not going to lie - if I was an admissions committee and caught these errors, I would throw my application in the trash.  I take responsibility for the typos.  I should have THOROUGHLY checked my application before submitting it (even after making amendments).  However, I know that some of the information like school state and reference names were correct when I submitted same.  Ugh! :(  

With this being said, my application has not yet been verified.  Is it possible for me to request that it be “undelivered” so that I can correct these errors?  If not, should I update my experience with the correct information (or will this just confuse the colleges I am applying to)?  Should I call and discuss it with the colleges I have applied to (or hope that they do not catch these errors)?  I am not sure I want to invest any more money if this is going to kill my chance at admission.  My personal statement is error free.  I typed it in Word.  So, any and all changes were made prior to it being cut & pasted into CASPA.  Everything else is a mess!  

Someone please tell me I am not alone! I am so sick over this.  

The first year I filled out the CASPA application, I had a lot of questions.  I found them to be very responsive to any email inquires that I made.  I never asked to correct anything, but I'd suggest contacting them.  Tell them what happened and see what suggestions they have.  If they won't allow you to correct the errors, you may be able to explain to schools you apply to if they have a supplemental application.  Some schools have questions as part of the CASPA submission process.  In most of my interviews, they've asked about lessons learned.  I'd try to spin this as best you can.  Own the problem and have a good story as to how you will avoid this happening again.

Archived