LOW GRE SCORE BUT OKAY EVERYTHING ELSE..

Hi!

So I have a 3.48 science GPA and 3.68 cumulative GPA. 5,000+ hours of health care and direct patient contact hours. 40+ hours shadowing a PA. 500+ hours shadowing a DO. 295 composite GRE though........... HELP! :( Lots of extracurriculars also and volunteering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The application process is very holistic. GRE is only one component of the application. Someone with a 320 could possibly not get an interview if everything else in the application was weak. Maybe contact the schools you are interested in and see how much "weight" they put in the GRE. It is very important to some schools and to other schools it doesn't matter.

I would not apply to schools that have a minimum GRE.

If you have the $ and time it might be worth retaking the GRE for the next cycle if you don't get in this year. I used vocab flash cards and Kahn academy for most of my prep for the GRE. 

Good luck! 

The application process is very holistic. GRE is only one component of the application. Someone with a 320 could possibly not get an interview if everything else in the application was weak. Maybe contact the schools you are interested in and see how much "weight" they put in the GRE. It is very important to some schools and to other schools it doesn't matter.
I would not apply to schools that have a minimum GRE.
If you have the $ and time it might be worth retaking the GRE for the next cycle if you don't get in this year. I used vocab flash cards and Kahn academy for most of my prep for the GRE. 
Good luck! 

thank you for your input. my top choice has a 290 minimum. my other top choice has no minimum. their due date isn't until january 15th.. i'm thinking maybe retake it since i have so much time until then? not rolling admissions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived