in a bit of a spontaneous thought process

I think, just for my own safety of not having to worry, and because I already have up to calc 3 and physics done, I might as well convert from BA to BS and take the orgo 1+2 and then biochem as well. That way, no matter what school I apply to, I know I'll have the pre-reqs, and have some experience in it before PA school, so I'm not playing catch up. Thanks for y'all's insight. I'm sure it'll suck while doing it, but I'll thank myself once in PA school and understanding more. 

11 hours ago, Jdabrowski said:

I am interviewing and have interviewed at schools in NC and West Virginia (From MN) and will tell you that NC rotations are not an option unless you are in school in NC. Also I do believe the program I interviewed with saying you can't do out of state rotations if going to a school in NC.

I can't believe this.  Some schools may have a policy but if the OP is from NC and started some shadowing he could probably line up a rotation as long as the clinic he is shadowing at doesn't have an exclusive contract with them.  Many programs let you find rotations to submit for approval

14 minutes ago, MCHAD said:

I can't believe this.  Some schools may have a policy but if the OP is from NC and started some shadowing he could probably line up a rotation as long as the clinic he is shadowing at doesn't have an exclusive contract with them.  Many programs let you find rotations to submit for approval

I've spoken to some programs - well known programs, at that. They have said that they will help you line up your rotations, but if you have something in mind, they will evaluate the practice and help you in if they see it fit. That's not verbatim, but I feel like that should be a universal thing. 

http://www.wakehealth.edu/Academic-Programs/Physician-Assistant-Program/Visiting-Students.htm

Some schools will allow you to set up a rotation there as a visiting student, for a price.

Just for the record: I'm not a 'chemistry guy', but I took organic 1 and biochemistry and loved both of them. Biochemistry seemed to me to very applicable to the study of medicine, as topics we covered included subjects such as metabolism, enzyme kinetics, and informational molecules.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived