Inpatient job offer verbiage

Hi folks, long time lurker with a hopefully not silly question. I'm a new grad, just got an offer for position in critical care.  Part of the offer states: "Your base salary is supported, in part, from the master contract with the hospital but also requires that you submit charges for professional fees to cover the balance of the salary and benefits. "   Does anyone have a sense for what this is referring to?  "...the balance of salary and benefits" has me wondering if the stated salary has my licensing fees and such built into it that will decrease my take home pay, and if there might be some things "hiding" in that statement. Or, is it simply saying that I can get reimbursed for professional fees? Any insight is much appreciated, please forgive my green lack of experience here. Thanks! 

It sounds like they want you to bill for your critical care services. Which means you'll need to include certain information in your admission, progress and discharge notes. And you will have to document your procedures in a billing-friendly way.

You will also have to fill out paperwork to get listed as a provider with different insurance entities.

enjoy... and congrats on the offer.

Archived