Possibly Pre-PA

Hello and good evening,

My name is Nikki, and I am an LPN. Currently, I attend an online program through Excelsior College (mostly known for its LPN-RN bridge online). I am majoring in Biology at the moment. This includes courses in Chem, Physics,Statistics and the like of course; however, the program is exclusively online/distance learning. All labs are done electronically through either computer simulation and discussion, or through lab kits shipped to your house. (For example, the A+P kit included a real pig for dissection and you were required to video and photograph the activities.)

I am able to take most (if not all) pre-reqs for PA programs with Excelsior and am wondering if the lack of "on ground" lab would be detrimental to my acceptance to some of the programs near me (Western Florida)? Would I be better off switching schools, or programs to the ADN program?

My eventual goal was always to be PA, NP, or MD. Any advice would be really appreciated, as I am just starting out and what to do things right.

I would check with your programs of interest. I know nothing about FL programs but the programs I know want separate A&P classes (not combined) and a human anatomy class. Also live labs in those classes.

On-line prereqs in general don't seem to be a problem.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, I agree! Always just check with the particular programs you are applying to. They are all a little different, but if they say they will accept online courses then you're in the clear. For me personally, I know the online prerequisites I have taken have been comparatively easier than the ones I have had in class- not everyone could agree. So I am glad I took my labs hands on because with anatomy, I have heard that students who take it online really struggle once they get to their BSN/PA program.

Archived