2018 Start

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, BlueHenPA16 said:

No I haven't and I was wondering the same thing because the RSVP is due tomorrow.

I called last week and in regards to the RSVP, they said as long as we sent an email confirming our spot we should be fine. I wasn't sure if I was the only that hadn't received it yet. 

36 minutes ago, EDalbert said:

I called last week and in regards to the RSVP, they said as long as we sent an email confirming our spot we should be fine. I wasn't sure if I was the only that hadn't received it yet. 

No I haven't received any confirmation either! But I called too and they said the same thing! Wonder when they'll send details out about the day/schedule! 

11 hours ago, NickyG123 said:

I recently received an interview invitation from Lynchburg College for November 20th. I’m extremely nervous. This is my first time applying, so I’m not sure what to expect. 

Interviewing is always nerve-wracking, try to remember that you’ve already jumped the biggest hurdle by being invited to interview. Most programs just want to get to know you as a person. I know it’s cliche, but try to relax and let your personality shine through. They already see something in you that they like.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey guys! I was interviewed last month and was put on the active waiting list. The beginning of the day starts with an informative overview of the program and its history. You will be introduced to some of the staff and students and be given a tour of the facility in small groups. In the meantime, they will call people for interviews, which are relatively short. There were three interviews in total, each comprising of 2-3 staff members and deans. By the end of the interviews, you should have been interviewed by just about everyone teaching the curriculum. The interviews are short and concise and ask relatively generic questions. In between exercises there is a lot of down time, which is a great opportunity to talk to some of the students to get some personal incite into Lynchburg's program. At the end, everyone is broken into groups to partake in a simple exercise, and then return for a brief concluding statement and Q&A. I don't want to divulge too much about the interviews or exercises, but I hope this helps. It was my first interview this year and I was really nervous, but I really liked the staff. I hope you guys do great! Let us know how you did! Most people heard back from Lynchburg within a week if they were accepted. Don't expect to hear anything back for a few weeks otherwise. 

To answer@bluegrey:

Essentially, provisional accreditation is no different than normal accreditation and if you graduate during this time, it is no different than graduating under any other fully accredited program. It was explained to us during the interview that they are under provisional status until they provide enough info to show that they meet national standards, which typically takes a few graduating classes to compile enough data. For this reason, they are constantly performing data analysis to ensure compliance with the accrediting authority's regulations. I believe that they should be ending their provisional status soon, but do not quote me on that. All in all, you have nothing to worry about. Once you graduate, you get to take the PANCE, just as you would with any other institution. Lynchburg's provisional status is not probationary and is not a negative reflection on the program or college. Hope this helps!

On 12/22/2017 at 4:31 PM, NickyG123 said:

Hey guys! I was interviewed last month and was put on the active waiting list. The beginning of the day starts with an informative overview of the program and its history. You will be introduced to some of the staff and students and be given a tour of the facility in small groups. In the meantime, they will call people for interviews, which are relatively short. There were three interviews in total, each comprising of 2-3 staff members and deans. By the end of the interviews, you should have been interviewed by just about everyone teaching the curriculum. The interviews are short and concise and ask relatively generic questions. In between exercises there is a lot of down time, which is a great opportunity to talk to some of the students to get some personal incite into Lynchburg's program. At the end, everyone is broken into groups to partake in a simple exercise, and then return for a brief concluding statement and Q&A. I don't want to divulge too much about the interviews or exercises, but I hope this helps. It was my first interview this year and I was really nervous, but I really liked the staff. I hope you guys do great! Let us know how you did! Most people heard back from Lynchburg within a week if they were accepted. Don't expect to hear anything back for a few weeks otherwise. 

This was an awesome explanation without giving too much! Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived