WSU 2017-18 application cycle

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/4/2018 at 8:18 PM, LyssF said:

For those of you that were given an interview this cycle, would you mind sharing your GPA, patient contact and shadowing hours? I’m applying next cycle and am anxious to know how I stand against other people applying.

I had a 3.9 GPA, around 3,000 hours of patient care experience, and about 50 hours of shadowing

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 8:18 PM, LyssF said:

For those of you that were given an interview this cycle, would you mind sharing your GPA, patient contact and shadowing hours? I’m applying next cycle and am anxious to know how I stand against other people applying.

3.7 GPA, about 1300 patient contact hours, 25 hours of shadowing

1,000 patient care hours, 100 shadowing, 3.9 gpa (I graduate in May)

I received my acceptance call around 3:15 today from Dr. Keuter! I am so excited to meet my future classmates! Also I was told that whoever interviewed you makes your call and they have the freedom to call you whenever they want! So some candidates got calls on Wednesday last year and some got calls at 4:55 on Friday! Does anyone know if there is a facebook group for accepted candidates?

• 2 weeks later...

GPA: 3.46

Science GPA: 3.48

PPC: 5,295 hours

HCE: 2,720 hours

Volunteer: 951 hours

Shadowing: 43 hours

I was notified of an interview on Dec. 1st. 

19 hours ago, AT2PhysicianAssistant said:

Just now found this group... I received word on the 18th that I was on the waitlist. Does anyone know when the deadline for first 48 applicants to accept their seat? And anyone have any idea how many people WSU places on the waitlist?

The deadline for acceptance was on the 5th of Feb. I am not sure how many people they place on the waitlist. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, PAhopeful43 said:

Has anyone on the wait list heard anything yet? 

I haven't heard anything yet. I emailed the professor that interviewed me to see if she would give me feedback but she notified me they aren't allowed to give individual feedback :(

The hope I hold on to though is from previous years. I know one person that is in clinical rotations currently, that got notified 2 weeks before school started. And then another student in didactic year currently, that got notified a few weeks before school started last year too. They are both WSU students. Here's to keeping the faith alive!

Archived