WSU 2017-18 application cycle

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/28/2017 at 4:40 PM, Sjoh1 said:

You still have time to sent them. Deadline is Nov1st. After applying to Graduate school you will have to sent a copy of all your transcripts to the  graduate school directly. Moreover if you are eligible for receiving supplemental, they will remind you to apply to Graduate school along with your transcripts. I hope this answered your question.

Thank you. Appreciate your help. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/20/2017 at 6:24 AM, PADrea said:

Me three! :D Either of you go to an informational/meet any of the staff?

I am awaiting supplemental application questions as well. Received the verification of application email on 9/21/17. They stated in the email it may take several weeks to receive further communication. In which case I will have some time to complete the supplemental application before November 1st. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/28/2017 at 3:40 PM, Sjoh1 said:

You still have time to sent them. Deadline is Nov1st. After applying to Graduate school you will have to sent a copy of all your transcripts to the  graduate school directly. Moreover if you are eligible for receiving supplemental, they will remind you to apply to Graduate school along with your transcripts. I hope this answered your question.

In regards to the transcripts, did you upload them onto the graduate school application in addition to sending them directly to the graduate school?

On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 7:00 PM, jaychu said:

In regards to the transcripts, did you upload them onto the graduate school application in addition to sending them directly to the graduate school?

I emailed them and they said the transcripts sent to CASPA and the ones uploaded to the grad app should be sufficient until you are accepted at which time they will need copies of the official transcripts sent to the school directly

Hey guys. Okay so let me just get this straight, I got the supplemental link which for me is due October 18th 

So I turn in that supplemental on the 18th

Grad application is due the 1st 

We pay for both the supplemental and the graduate application AND we upload transcripts to the graduate application? Does anyone know if the ones we upload to the grad app need to be official? 

Thanks! 

On 10/10/2017 at 11:41 AM, spartanpa1996 said:

Hey guys. Okay so let me just get this straight, I got the supplemental link which for me is due October 18th 

We pay for both the supplemental and the graduate application AND we upload transcripts to the graduate application? Does anyone know if the ones we upload to the grad app need to be official? 

Thanks! 

Yes, from my understanding, you would have to complete and pay for both the supplemental and the graduate school applications. I emailed the office in regards to transcripts and this was the reply: "We evaluate your graduate school application on the basis of unofficial transcripts, so that’s all you need to upload at this time. If you are admitted to the PA program, then you will need to send official ones, and we accept both paper and secure e-transcripts. Electronic ones may be sent to either my email address or grad.transcripts@wichita.edu."

I am awaiting the supplemental application. I got an e-mail stating "Due to the large volume of applications and a recent program move, evaluation of applications has been delayed...Your application will be evaluated and you will be contacted regarding your eligibility as soon as possible". Anyone else?

4 hours ago, PADrea said:

I am awaiting the supplemental application. I got an e-mail stating "Due to the large volume of applications and a recent program move, evaluation of applications has been delayed...Your application will be evaluated and you will be contacted regarding your eligibility as soon as possible". Anyone else?

Got mine at the end of September and had to have it done by October 8th! I was informed before that because they and another program moved to another building, not to worry and that they would be behind on sending out supplemental applications once your application is checked to have all of their requirements. They give you 2 weeks to finish it after they send you the link with a logon!

54 minutes ago, HopefulPAToBe said:

Got mine at the end of September and had to have it done by October 8th! I was informed before that because they and another program moved to another building, not to worry and that they would be behind on sending out supplemental applications once your application is checked to have all of their requirements. They give you 2 weeks to finish it after they send you the link with a logon!

Thank you for your reply HopefulPAToBe! 

If you do not mind me asking-why did you decide to apply to WSU?

8 minutes ago, PADrea said:

Thank you for your reply HopefulPAToBe! 

If you do not mind me asking-why did you decide to apply to WSU?

No problem! I love the interprofessional education model and know that this is something that will allow me to become a more well-rounded health professional. I am currently in a graduate program in public health that will allow me to learn how to administer preventative health education on a higher level and I know that the interprofessional education model will allow me to continue to gain knowledge, skills, and insight into other applicable fields that will be useful as a future PA. I also have been working and volunteering with the underserved in both rural and urban environments in Detroit (and its surrounding communities) and abroad in Peru. This program has a LARGE focus on rural medicine which is something I would like to continue to expand on, as this is my main area of medical focus both locally and abroad as a future PA. WSU also has the largest amount of time spent during the clinical year in a rural setting! WSU is my top choice! How about you?

On 10/18/2017 at 6:42 PM, HopefulPAToBe said:

*How about you?

I grew up on a small farm in a rural town and moved to Wichita after I graduated, so WSU is really close to where I live currently. Their focus on serving the underserved/rural is key for me also. Their stats are great, their student to professor ratio is wonderful, they have an overall great program with good 5 year averages and a great in state tuition. BUT -

I have been to multiple informational sessions and WSUs was truly different. I hung out with some of the current PA students and they told me they are like a big family (an not in the "we were forced to say this," type way but the "we genuinely love this school," way). That was a huge selling point for me and backed up their statements regarding a strong community and supportive faculty. I am excited that their class was so supportive of each other and their faculty eagerly strives to help each student succeed.
This, mixed with the fact that my family is less than two hours away from Wichita, made WSU a wonderful pick!

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/10/2017 at 11:13 AM, grifft21 said:

I emailed them and they said the transcripts sent to CASPA and the ones uploaded to the grad app should be sufficient until you are accepted at which time they will need copies of the official transcripts sent to the school directly

They told me the same. Actually i sent the official via CASPA (obviously) and only unofficial copies through grad app. I got verification from the someone that that was ok. 

On 10/10/2017 at 0:41 PM, spartanpa1996 said:

Thanks! 

the grad school app does not require official. I got verification from someone at the school. Your good.

Archived