Clarkson University Applicants for Jan 2019 Start

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

I'll be interviewing on February 24th as well! I was a little worried as I am from California and wasn't sure how they felt about out of state applicants. Anyone have advice on how to dress  for the interview considering the snowy/ cold weather (dress shoes, leggings under slacks, etc)? Female here! Winter in CA is definitely different than winter in NY! 

On 1/4/2018 at 5:08 AM, Dee L. said:

I'll be interviewing on February 24th as well! I was a little worried as I am from California and wasn't sure how they felt about out of state applicants. Anyone have advice on how to dress  for the interview considering the snowy/ cold weather (dress shoes, leggings under slacks, etc)? Female here! Winter in CA is definitely different than winter in NY! 

Hey so I think wearing slacks as opposed to a skirt would be helpful to keep warm and leggings underneath is a good idea too. For shoes, I was just going to wear flats and suffer through the cold lol. I will definitely be wearing a warm coat to the interview and I'm sure there will be a place we can keep our coats for the day. Hope that helps!

I’ve emailed the program a few times with no response. Has anyone sent in transcripts from previously outstanding courses and gotten an email that your transcripts have been received? I’m waiting for some sort of clarity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, futurePAeryka said:

Thanks! Did you ever get an email saying your supplemental application was received?/ your application was under review ? 

Yep, got an email about a week after i sent in my supplemental telling me my application was in review. Then in like November got another email saying my application was on hold. 

Stats:

Overall GPA: 3.52; science GPA: 3.5

Clinical hours as nursing assistant: 1.3k

Other healthcare/volunteer hours: 1.5k

32 PA shadowing hours

GRE: verbal (153), quantitative (159), writing (4.5)

I just found out on Monday that I will be interviewing at Clarkson next Friday!!!  I fell in love with this program from reading about it online, and even more so when I visited the campus this past fall.

I'm flying into the airport in Ogdensburg the night before and staying with family.  Does anyone know how easy it is to get a cab or taxi (specifically at 6am - 7am)?

I am so excited! I cannot wait to meet everyone!

I just found out on Monday that I will be interviewing at Clarkson next Friday!!!  I fell in love with this program from reading about it online, and even more so when I visited the campus this past fall.
I'm flying into the airport in Ogdensburg the night before and staying with family.  Does anyone know how easy it is to get a cab or taxi (specifically at 6am - 7am)?
I am so excited! I cannot wait to meet everyone!

Hey!

From what I know, (I’ve only lived here since december), but it’s not easy to get a taxi or uber, if you are able to rent a car, I would go that route- just to stay on the safe side

Uber just became a thing in Potsdam a few months ago and I’ve only seen 1 up and running and I doubt it’s up at running at 6am...so do your best to try and rent a car. It will save you a lot of anxiety!

If anyone has any questions I’m here to answer what I can!

See you guys Friday and Saturday!

On 2/16/2018 at 4:40 PM, akrenner0991 said:

Hey!

From what I know, (I’ve only lived here since december), but it’s not easy to get a taxi or uber, if you are able to rent a car, I would go that route- just to stay on the safe side

Uber just became a thing in Potsdam a few months ago and I’ve only seen 1 up and running and I doubt it’s up at running at 6am...so do your best to try and rent a car. It will save you a lot of anxiety!

If anyone has any questions I’m here to answer what I can!

See you guys Friday and Saturday!

Thank you!  I actually cancelled my flight and decided to drive it instead.  My sister lives in the area and she told me I'd be better off driving for the same reasons you did!

I drove through Clarkson's campus when I was visiting my sister back in the fall--it's so scenic and beautiful.  However, I was not able to see inside any of the buildings.  Will an indoor & outdoor tour be part of the day's schedule?

Archived