Hello! 

I am new to the forum. I have a question has anyone taken any of their prerequisites at UNE online? I need Organic Chemistry, Anatomy, Biochem, and Genetics. I am hoping to attend Wingate at Hendersonville in North Carolina. :-) 

I am excited to be apart of this group as I start my journey. I am an older student and would appreciate any advice. 

Thank you all!! 

Just an FYI I would check with the programs you are interested in applying to and see if they require labs to be taken in person or not. Most programs will not accept online labs. 

Assuming the school allows for lab online labs, UNE is NOT the way to go. I highly suggest looking at Doane University instead. I have done classes from both schools and Doane is leaps and bounds ahead of UNE as far as course delivery, content and professor availability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I took Genetics at UNE and was able to ask my instructor questions whenever I wanted with prompt responses via course messages on blackboard. I didn't do much outside studying, worked 50 to 60 hours a week, and got an A-. Lots of busy work, but it's an online class, what do you expect?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By feistymango
      Recently, I decided to pursue the PA route and need to take Anatomy/Physiology 1 and 2 with lab and Microbiology with lab. One of the schools require Immunology/Virology too (Did anyone need to take this class for their prerequisites?). I graduated with my bachelor's and currently working full time. I am having difficulty finding a class I can take that fits with my work schedule. I was able to sign up for Anatomy/Physiology 1 at a local community college, but unable to sign up for the rest due to time conflict or not available at other community colleges. Can anyone suggest alternatives in how I can compete these pre-requisites? Not sure if courses meant for "Health Science Majors" or "Allied Health Majors" are the same for science majors which is required for the schools I plan to apply for. Thanks in advance!!
    • By AmbitiousPA2B
      Hey guys, 
      I will be applying to PA school this cycle and I was talking to an admissions counselor at the PA school I am interested in going (in my home town) about my academic record/healthcare experience and how I can be a more competitive applicant. In conclusion, she recommended I re-take Gen Chem II cause I got a D the first time I took it. Some background on me is that I have a cGPA of 3.1 and I knew that wasn't competitive enough for PA school and decided to get a Master's in Science which I got a cGPA of 3.5 with a sGPA of 3.6. I figured that since I took a lot of upper level chemistry and biochem courses in grad school it would counteract my D in gen chem II. However, they don't factor in grad grades with the undergrad pre-req grades which I should've known and feel stupid that I don't so I am looking at retaking gen chem over the summer before Aug 1. Other areas of my app are very strong with a good enough GRE, over 2,500 healthcare hours and other volunteer experience. This is literally my last battle and any advice would be amazing! 

SO she recommended I take Gen Chem II online at UNE (University of New England) and she said I;d be able to finish that in 8 weeks. I absolutely hated GC II and I really need to pull off an A. I've never experienced taking an online class through UNE...if any of you guys have had any experience and how hard you think it would be to pull off an A that would be greatly appreciated!! 
    • By PerspiringPA
      I have completed my bachelor's degree in Biology, but since I was pre-med back then, I didn't complete the anatomy and physiology course and now have to complete it at a community college. I also have a full time job and was hoping to take anatomy and physiology in a hybrid setting (online lecture with in person lab). Is this a good idea? I've been looking at schools websites and some don't care, some said "considered on an individual basis," and some won't accept it. Am I limiting my chances too much? I want to apply mostly west coast and surrounding states.  I also have to take statistics and I hope to apply for Fall 2020.
      Thanks!
    • By pahopeful46
      Hello all! I am currently trying to decide between two schools and I need some assistance as I am very conflicted. One program is in person and it is 26 months and starts in July, but I would have to move out of state to attend and would graduate in May 2021. The other program is Yale's newer online program and would start in January and I would graduate a year later in May 2022 but I would be able to stay in state and not move at all since the didactic year is online. The actual cost for the programs is almost exactly the same, the only real difference is the graduation dates, location, and the fact that one is online versus in person. How does everyone feel about a program being online in the didactic year? I am pretty conflicted about it but I would very much like to avoid moving out of state if I do not have to but I am worried that I will miss out on in person interactions at the other program. I am really conflicted on what to do here and any thoughts or opinions would be very helpful. Thanks so much!  

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More