Diabetic shoes

1 hour ago, Reality Check 2 said:

I can declare death, write high level rxs but cannot sign for home health or diabetic shoes.

Unbelievably STUPID.

My docs have always just signed the forms after I did the exam.

Someday this will change.....

In the state of Nevada I can legally sign off on someone's ability to drive a semi-truck, but cannot sign a form enabling them to park closer to the grocery store with a handicapped placard 

35 minutes ago, ventana said:

There needs to be a NATIONAL law that states that a PA can sign anything that an MD/DO can....  done period....

I agree!  What we need is some sort of national organization that keeps up with these things and advocates for all PAs!

On 8/6/2017 at 7:56 PM, MCHAD said:

In the state of Nevada I can legally sign off on someone's ability to drive a semi-truck, but cannot sign a form enabling them to park closer to the grocery store with a handicapped placard 

We just recently got this privilege in California in jan 2017. The bill was signed by Governor in 2014 though but DMV took their sweet time to implement it. 

• 2 months later...

How is it fraud if he co-signs an order?  Co-signing is commonplace in almost every hospital for PA orders...

if he dictated a note saying he saw the patient when he didn’t it could be fraud but just co-signing saying that he agrees with your order certainly isn’t in my opinion. 

Mid he’s that uncomfortable with co-signing without seeing the patient then have him say hi to the patient, look at the diabetic feet, and then you document that he checked them out too.  

If he isn’t comfortable co-signing then, I guess you tell your office staff and patients anything concerning DME needs an appointment with the doc 

Archived