21 hours ago, Nicenia1513 said:

Hi everyone! I just got accepted into the program as a reapplicant. Gonna be honest, I did not think I was going to get in but I'm so thankful that I did. I can't wait to meet my fellow classmates!!

yayy!!! congrats!! I also was a reapplicant, it truly feels amazing!!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi everyone, new to this forum and anxiously waiting to hear back. I applied very late (since i was still taking 2 prereqs) and interviewed last week, March 7th.

I just want to know.... if i don't get in i need to start signing contracts for next year. anyone knows what day the program begins?

hi everyone, new to this forum and anxiously waiting to hear back. I applied very late (since i was still taking 2 prereqs) and interviewed last week, March 7th.
I just want to know.... if i don't get in i need to start signing contracts for next year. anyone knows what day the program begins?

Program usually starts after Memorial Day so end May first week of June

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, obh1993 said:

Hey! When did you apply, if you don’t mind me asking

ok, so, i got back from my trip to Africa to realize that i got accepted. i'm a reapplicant too. it seems like this is a ''reapplicant year'' They feel our pain. Thank God we never gave up. They want me to do 115$ criminal background checkup and some health stuff which i don't have. they also asking for some transcripts and told me if i don't get done before March 31st, i might not be able to register or something like that. Anybody else got this issue?

Btw, Congrats to all those that got in including Capri04J, LoadingPA,nicenia1513, and others. And to those he didn't get in yet, stay positive bcos the waiting can be killing, and for those who wouldn't make it this year, please don't give up hope, just reapply and improve your chances by going to admission office for advisement.  

1 hour ago, Fingers said:

ok, so, i got back from my trip to Africa to realize that i got accepted. i'm a reapplicant too. it seems like this is a ''reapplicant year'' They feel our pain. Thank God we never gave up. They want me to do 115$ criminal background checkup and some health stuff which i don't have. they also asking for some transcripts and told me if i don't get done before March 31st, i might not be able to register or something like that. Anybody else got this issue?

Btw, Congrats to all those that got in including Capri04J, LoadingPA,nicenia1513, and others. And to those he didn't get in yet, stay positive bcos the waiting can be killing, and for those who wouldn't make it this year, please don't give up hope, just reapply and improve your chances by going to admission office for advisement.  

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Yes unfortunately it's $115 background check. The physical forms, lab results take the most time. Start on that now!  See if you can see your doctor this week. You'll have to get lab with titers etc.

I dropped some forms off but I'm sure I'm going to have to go there again probably tomorrow and next week to meet the deadline because the Student Service office was closed for training on Tuesday. 

Welcome back and good luck with getting everything in order. Congratulations again that's great news! 

5 hours ago, Fingers said:

yayyyyyyy!! congrats!!!!!!!! what a perfect way to come back from your trip. Definitely pay your seat deposit and background check ASAP. I do believe they just tell us to get all the health stuff done so we can register once it is open. I think the deadline is May 4. We all going to be in the same class regardless so it's not like seats will fill up and u won't be able to register. Definitely get everything done ASAP! Congrats once again!!!

7 hours ago, Capri04J said:

yayyyyyyy!! congrats!!!!!!!! what a perfect way to come back from your trip. Definitely pay your seat deposit and background check ASAP. I do believe they just tell us to get all the health stuff done so we can register once it is open. I think the deadline is May 4. We all going to be in the same class regardless so it's not like seats will fill up and u won't be able to register. Definitely get everything done ASAP! Congrats once again!!!

Thanks so much. I went for the health forms at Suny downstate medical centers today at Lefferts avenue. They said they will take care of everything for me since its the school's hospital. We will be classmates. That's amazing

11 hours ago, LoadingPA said:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Yes unfortunately it's $115 background check. The physical forms, lab results take the most time. Start on that now!  See if you can see your doctor this week. You'll have to get lab with titers etc.

I dropped some forms off but I'm sure I'm going to have to go there again probably tomorrow and next week to meet the deadline because the Student Service office was closed for training on Tuesday. 

Welcome back and good luck with getting everything in order. Congratulations again that's great news! 

Thanks. Congrats to you too. Looking forward to meeting u guys

13 hours ago, Fingers said:

Congrats; it is nice surprise!

Hey guys!

Congratulations to those who got accepted and those still waiting please stay positive!!!

We created a fb group so we can get to know each other and answer any questions or concerns we might have. Most of all its to provide a means of support before and during the program! 

Let us know if you'd like to be added.

On 3/13/2018 at 7:39 PM, Nicenia1513 said:

Soooooo nerve racking. My interview was on Feb 26th so just 1 day over the 2 week mark

Congratulations everyone! I received my acceptance today! Can't wait to meet you all and I would like to be added to the facebook group!

48 minutes ago, alily18 said:

Congratulations everyone! I received my acceptance today! Can't wait to meet you all and I would like to be added to the facebook group!

Yesssss!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!! Celebrate! The fb group is SUNY Downstate Physician Assistant Program Class of 2020. Send a request. See you there!

Hey guys ummmmm congrats to all that have been accepted I've yet to hear anything and I'm getting really worried and slightly discouraged. I have a premed bachelor's so I've done majority of the previous reqs all I have to do is take one clep exam April 19th as much as it was I pray it won't be in vain. When does interviews end? 

On 2/17/2018 at 1:21 AM, Capri04J said:

My interview was January 17 and heard back less than a week. So it may vary. I was told mo more than a month tops from other students before I went for my interview.

As a reapplicant did they at least specify your shortcomings the first time? Congrats on your admission btw

On 3/31/2018 at 0:49 PM, 1stPAidKitt said:

Hey guys ummmmm congrats to all that have been accepted I've yet to hear anything and I'm getting really worried and slightly discouraged. I have a premed bachelor's so I've done majority of the previous reqs all I have to do is take one clep exam April 19th as much as it was I pray it won't be in vain. When does interviews end? 

Not sure when interview ends. I think every cycle it may be different. Good Luck, hoping you hear something good soon!

Archived