• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Fingers said:

To the guys that got in congratulations. My chances of getting in are slim to none. first, I'm a re applicant, didn't finish all the prerequisite, my interview was kinda rough, i guess i was nervous and on top all of that i applied in this 1 program. its like putting all my eggs in one basket. This is it for me if i don't get in. I'm really done trying to be a PA, ill  probably go to medschool. hopefully I'm not too old for that lol. #justranting

Don't be too hard on yourself. Reapplying shows dedication and hopefully they see that. What pre-reqs didn't you finish , if I may ask? I am still taking two of mine and I am kinda nervous because I have yet to get an interview.

10 hours ago, Farahjules21 said:

Don't be too hard on yourself. Reapplying shows dedication and hopefully they see that. What pre-reqs didn't you finish , if I may ask? I am still taking two of mine and I am kinda nervous because I have yet to get an interview.

i didn't get interview at all last year. did advisement and they told me to do 5 prerequisites including chemistry 1 &2, English 1&2, Biology, college algebra, abnormal psych. I took CLEP for college algebra, abnormal psych, English composition within 5 months. went to college and paid 4000$ out of pocket for chemistry 1&2(can u imagine that?) but couldn't do Biology at all.  But i got an interview, i guess they saw my efforts from last year. But i  flunked the interview. i shouldn't have gone prepared at all because the answers i gave seemed rehearsed, i should ve gone just being myself. Thats some advice to you. Its very important to just be yourself because they interview a lot of people everyday and they get the same answers which sucks. Like i said, it will be a miracle i get in and i will surely let you guys know regardless cos it won't really matter to me if i don't get in, I'm DONE. But if i get in, i will celebrate

I just want to know the method they reach out to an applicant to deliver the news. I read some of the members got their decisions already. I also would like to know how some of you answered the question where you see yourself in 10 years. I said I want to become an educator in the PA field to guide the new generation of PA. I do not know if my answer is appropriate.

The best

3 hours ago, Asmaa said:

I just want to know the method they reach out to an applicant to deliver the news. I read some of the members got their decisions already. I also would like to know how some of you answered the question where you see yourself in 10 years. I said I want to become an educator in the PA field to guide the new generation of PA. I do not know if my answer is appropriate.

The best and I guess the only way to know is to wait to the acceptance letter unfortunately which I think is torture for us waiting. There's no right or wrong answer as long as you are being sincere and true to yourself. That's what killed me, rehearsed answers is why most people don't get in and I think is why I might not get in. They hear the same stuff over and over again. U gotta do it differently to stand out and be unique. So trust ur instinct and best of luck. I have u in my thoughts and pray that u get in by God's grace. Amen

18 minutes ago, Fingers said:

The best

The best and I guess the only way to know is to wait to the acceptance letter unfortunately which I think is torture for us waiting. There's no right or wrong answer as long as you are being sincere and true to yourself. That's what killed me, rehearsed answers is why most people don't get in and I think is why I might not get in. They hear the same stuff over and over again. U gotta do it differently to stand out and be unique. So trust ur instinct and best of luck. I have u in my thoughts and pray that u get in by God's grace. Amen

Thank you for your comforting words, and I hope we all get in. Since I feel that we developed a bond because of this common struggle. I pray that god makes it easy for all of us.

y

26 minutes ago, Asmaa said:

Thank you for your comforting words, and I hope we all get in. Since I feel that we developed a bond because of this common struggle. I pray that god makes it easy for all of us.

you are welcome. We've definitely formed more than a bond. Its like a little family thing going on here. supporting one another towards common goals is the key

13 hours ago, Fingers said:

i didn't get interview at all last year. did advisement and they told me to do 5 prerequisites including chemistry 1 &2, English 1&2, Biology, college algebra, abnormal psych. I took CLEP for college algebra, abnormal psych, English composition within 5 months. went to college and paid 4000$ out of pocket for chemistry 1&2(can u imagine that?) but couldn't do Biology at all.  But i got an interview, i guess they saw my efforts from last year. But i  flunked the interview. i shouldn't have gone prepared at all because the answers i gave seemed rehearsed, i should ve gone just being myself. Thats some advice to you. Its very important to just be yourself because they interview a lot of people everyday and they get the same answers which sucks. Like i said, it will be a miracle i get in and i will surely let you guys know regardless cos it won't really matter to me if i don't get in, I'm DONE. But if i get in, i will celebrate

Think positive! Im sure you did well regardless. Keep shooting for PA even if u don' get in this cycle. Don't give up! If only I had the time to write my journey and struggles to get here, you would see that no matter the outcome do not give up. I wish this forum was created way before January with lots of convos flowing because my best advice from my interview is be yourself!! I was just like u, day of interview  I just went in there and really focused on my journey to get here and spoke my truth (must I remind u I was killing my self days before trying to rehearse questions etc for practice, wrong move!) Definitely apply to other places as well, clearly u have something unique in your application that landed you an interview. Good luck!

10 hours ago, Asmaa said:

Via email I got my decision, basically where u sign in to access your application it will say a decision is made click here to view ( something of that nature). I also answered the question the same, be a professor teaching in the PA program and reflected it on the professors interviewing me as well, doing missionary work, managing clinics in underserved countries etc something of that nature. Your good!

What Capri04J said! I know the wait can be frustrating but chase those negative thoughts away. I too said something similar Asmaa. I see I'm not the only one ruminating over questions and how should have answered. Hopefully, despite being nervous they were able to see that we really want this and worked really hard to get there. Stay strong fam. And yay I'm glad to see we're supportive of each other. I was so worried when the forum was super quiet lol.

18 hours ago, LoadingPA said:

Hey guys. I got accepted! I got an email that a decision was ready late yesterday and to login to see it. If you're still waiting stay positive and good luck! I just wanted to keep you guys posted.

yayyy!!! congrats! welcome!!! We going to be classmates!! 

On 3/8/2018 at 2:56 PM, LoadingPA said:

Hey guys. I got accepted! I got an email that a decision was ready late yesterday and to login to see it. If you're still waiting stay positive and good luck! I just wanted to keep you guys posted.

Congrats, I am very happy for you!

On 3/8/2018 at 2:56 PM, LoadingPA said:

Congrats!! I've been on this forum for a bit and just got accepted today!

6 hours ago, Nicenia1513 said:

Hi everyone! I just got accepted into the program as a reapplicant. Gonna be honest, I did not think I was going to get in but I'm so thankful that I did. I can't wait to meet my fellow classmates!!

Congrats on getting into the program!! I interviewed a few weeks ago! I wanted to know if you don't mind sharing how long ago you had your interview, its so nerve racking to keep waiting!

39 minutes ago, Nicenia1513 said:

Soooooo nerve racking. My interview was on Feb 26th so just 1 day over the 2 week mark

Hi! I know the wait can be rough. I interviewed on Feb. 14th and heard back on March 7th. Exactly 3 weeks. Hope that helps! Hang in there and stay positive.

Archived