• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/3/2018 at 8:42 AM, Farahjules21 said:

Hey do you mind posting your stats ? 

Hey, I'm a non-traditional applicant and have a lot of clinical hours from work. But I also volunteer both in clinical and non- clinical settings outside of my work. Over the last years I also took some prereq classes and shadow PAs in various settings. There are so many factors I think they take into account.  Hope this helps

11 minutes ago, NYC_girl416 said:

Congrats on your acceptance!! When did you apply and what was your clinical experience? 

I applied literally a couple of days they opened the cycle which was in August. Downstate has been my number one school. I applied ack in 2015 and was denied. My clinical experience consist of CNA work about roughly 6000 hours. I worked in a nursing home, hospital and did some home health aide working in patients homes.

8 hours ago, Capri04J said:

I applied literally a couple of days they opened the cycle which was in August. Downstate has been my number one school. I applied ack in 2015 and was denied. My clinical experience consist of CNA work about roughly 6000 hours. I worked in a nursing home, hospital and did some home health aide working in patients homes.

Do you know the reason you were denied the first time ? 

11 hours ago, LoadingPA said:

Hi CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Do you have any advice or tips for interview day??? I have an interview on Wednesday.

Be yourself!!!!! Truly speak from the heart and it will come natural. I was stressing myself out looking interview tips, youtube blah blah blah. I think I stressed myself out more doing that than anything else.  Day of the interview I went there soooo early at 945 to feel calm and at ease( mind you my interview was at 1:15). Mannn oh man it really ended up being the best experience/interview of my life!! The two faculty members were super nice and made me feel so relaxed and comfortable. I'm very talkative so it was a good conversation meeting I would like to call it to me and not an interview, that's how nice they were and how well my interview went. If you really want to be a PA it will show in your interview trust!!

9 hours ago, Farahjules21 said:

Do you know the reason you were denied the first time ? 

Honestly I went to the school earlier after I was denied . The admission counselor looked over everything and said he did not see why I was denied, because I did have everything, but he did say it may have been because I applied late at that time. Who knows! I just made sure I retook whatever class over again even if I had a B or B+ and got As, did more volunteer work, shadowing so when I applied again, the would see a change and extra work that was put in. I'm superrrr excitied!!! I still feel like I am dreaming!!!!

17 hours ago, Capri04J said:

Be yourself!!!!! Truly speak from the heart and it will come natural. I was stressing myself out looking interview tips, youtube blah blah blah. I think I stressed myself out more doing that than anything else.  Day of the interview I went there soooo early at 945 to feel calm and at ease( mind you my interview was at 1:15). Mannn oh man it really ended up being the best experience/interview of my life!! The two faculty members were super nice and made me feel so relaxed and comfortable. I'm very talkative so it was a good conversation meeting I would like to call it to me and not an interview, that's how nice they were and how well my interview went. If you really want to be a PA it will show in your interview trust!!

Omg thank you!!!! I really appreciate this. I've been waiting for this moment for 3 years now and now that It’s here I was doing exactly that, stressing myself out. I will get there early 2 hours before to calm my nerves and allow time should there be any issues with travel.

Thanks again and I can't say it enough,  CONGRATULATIONS!!!

46 minutes ago, LoadingPA said:

Omg thank you!!!! I really appreciate this. I've been waiting for this moment for 3 years now and now that It’s here I was doing exactly that, stressing myself out. I will get there early 2 hours before to calm my nerves and allow time should there be any issues with travel.

Thanks again and I can't say it enough,  CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Good luck!!! Thank you as well!!!

2 hours ago, LoadingPA said:

This thread is so quiet compared to the other years. But I'd like to let you guys know that they are still interviewing in March and most likely even early April/mid! So don't lose hope if you haven't gotten an invite yet. 

Yes I agree, it's very quiet and that's making me even more nervous lol. I'm glad to know that they're still interviewing. Thanks for sharing!

8 hours ago, Asmaa said:

Hello,

I was interviewed on Wednesday, and I just want to know what is the period they usually take to respond. Do they respond either way.

Hi Asmaa,

I asked after my interview on wednesday. They said anywhere from 2-4/6 weeks because they are still interviewing and still sending out invites. I read the threads from the previous years that they update the account where you paid for the application. Though I'm not quite sure exactly what it will say I've been checking it. I'm sure it's too soon though but I still find myself checking. Hope that helps. I know the wait is nerve-racking.

On 2/14/2018 at 10:55 PM, LoadingPA said:

This thread is so quiet compared to the other years. But I'd like to let you guys know that they are still interviewing in March and most likely even early April/mid! So don't lose hope if you haven't gotten an invite yet. 

Wayyy too quiet!! How did your interview go!?! 

On 2/15/2018 at 10:32 PM, Asmaa said:

Hello,

I was interviewed on Wednesday, and I just want to know what is the period they usually take to respond. Do they respond either way.

My interview was January 17 and heard back less than a week. So it may vary. I was told mo more than a month tops from other students before I went for my interview.

14 hours ago, Capri04J said:

Wayyy too quiet!! How did your interview go!?! 

Hi Capri04J!

I think it went well. I was nervous when I walked into the interview after the essay but they quickly made me feel more comfortable and we were able to have what was more of a conversation. So I'm hoping it went as well as I think and I can join you for this year's class!

Thanks for asking. I'm sooo anxious to find out what the final word is!

I'll let you know either way.

On 2/16/2018 at 7:30 AM, LoadingPA said:

Hi Asmaa,

I asked after my interview on wednesday. They said anywhere from 2-4/6 weeks because they are still interviewing and still sending out invites. I read the threads from the previous years that they update the account where you paid for the application. Though I'm not quite sure exactly what it will say I've been checking it. I'm sure it's too soon though but I still find myself checking. Hope that helps. I know the wait is nerve-racking.

It is nerve-racking; I had studying schedule but I cannot dedicate myself to it yet. I will try to check my account, I am not sure if they have winter break? Thank you for sharing what you know.

Archived