Class of 2020

• 4 weeks later...

Not exactly the topic, but I am interviewing next week and wanted to ask. Can you give me any info on the interview? Not necessarily asking for the interview questions, but what was the general impression and experience like? What did you use for the passport photo? I was thinking of either doing a picture of me in my scrubs and stethoscope around my neck or a picture of me in my suit but haven't decided yet.

5 hours ago, elliott33334 said:

Not exactly the topic, but I am interviewing next week and wanted to ask. Can you give me any info on the interview? Not necessarily asking for the interview questions, but what was the general impression and experience like? What did you use for the passport photo? I was thinking of either doing a picture of me in my scrubs and stethoscope around my neck or a picture of me in my suit but haven't decided yet.

The interview consists of one-on-one and MMI. It was VERY organized, which was nice. The faculty and students were really friendly. If you're not from the Chicago area, I recommend arriving a few days before to explore the city. I'm not from the area so it was nice to see what the area was like and to see if I imagined myself there. Just be yourself and try to relax during the interview. For the picture, I used I was wearing my suit and took the picture in my backyard against a white wall. 

17 hours ago, elliott33334 said:

Personally I would advise wearing business attire for the photo. As far as the interview itself, look at the details provided in the interview invite. It was helpful for me. Other than that, and as for any program, go with questions you have about their program ready. 

20 hours ago, mt0701 said:

The interview consists of one-on-one and MMI. It was VERY organized, which was nice. The faculty and students were really friendly. If you're not from the Chicago area, I recommend arriving a few days before to explore the city. I'm not from the area so it was nice to see what the area was like and to see if I imagined myself there. Just be yourself and try to relax during the interview. For the picture, I used I was wearing my suit and took the picture in my backyard against a white wall. 

Thank you. I'll do the suit then. How soon did you receive the offer after the interview? I'm really looking forward to it. The way the email explains it, it almost sounds like some of the questions are going to assess clinical skills. I will definitely explore the city a few days before. As it turns out, I was already going to be in Chicago for a vacation on the day of my interview. What a coincidence!

On 8/30/2017 at 11:48 AM, elliott33334 said:

Thank you. I'll do the suit then. How soon did you receive the offer after the interview? I'm really looking forward to it. The way the email explains it, it almost sounds like some of the questions are going to assess clinical skills. I will definitely explore the city a few days before. As it turns out, I was already going to be in Chicago for a vacation on the day of my interview. What a coincidence!

I interviewed on a Friday and received the email acceptance the following Thursday. It's a pretty quick turn around. Best of luck to you at your interview and enjoy your time in Chicago!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived