So, what are you wearing?

Guest Paula

White jacket with business casual.  Family Practice PA.

I wore scrubs when I worked UC and ER, rarely white jacket then, cuz you all know what color it is by the end of the shift.

Joelseff, LMAO!  I hear you man, those BPH checks with long-sleeves can be brutal!

BTW, what is AHPs?

It's what my system calls PAs and NPs...we are now implementing AHPs with Docs who have a certain amount of pts in their panel so they will have a dedicated provider sharing their panel. Before we would just see whoever's overflow making for a lot of chaos and lack of continuity of care.

Lol the BPH guy canceled but a BRBPR pt took his place so the sleeves stay rolled up! Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Scrubs +/- white coat or athletic jacket

Check out Medelita -- just got new white coats and scrub jacket from here. It's a PA owned company! The quality is great. Prices are high, but I just used CME $. They seem to have a lot of sales too.

• 2 weeks later...

On a Hospitalist service where business casual is the code, but the last 3 years I've been on random pilots (currently in the ER starting up a transition unit) and my one requirement is scrubs (took that over a small raise even), hate the thought of going back to real world dress. I have a white coat collecting dust in my locker that I'll wear once a year to a department meeting (my chief and Attendings aren't fooled... but don't really care either).

Rural FP, business casual currently.. need to make the switch to scrubs. SP wears scrubs almost daily. 

best place to get scrubs (+ name embroidered) for the office? Just looking for traditional mens scrubs, nothing fancy. 

I'm afraid the hospital scrubs i've acquired during rotations are too sloppy for the office. 

2 hours ago, SCPA said:

Rural FP, business casual currently.. need to make the switch to scrubs. SP wears scrubs almost daily. 

best place to get scrubs (+ name embroidered) for the office? Just looking for traditional mens scrubs, nothing fancy. 

I'm afraid the hospital scrubs i've acquired during rotations are too sloppy for the office. 

I like barco's grays anatomy line and Carhart scrubs personally.  Both have belt loops so I can not worry about re-tying my pants every 10 seconds.  I've bought them from local shops and online...most places run sales pretty often 

12 hours ago, SCPA said:

I second carhart scrubs.  I have several pairs of the two toned scrubs (have a contrasting color for the arm sleeves and across the shoulders).  The pants have lots of pockets. 

Archived