2017-2018 Cycle

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/27/2017 at 5:23 AM, storiesintheend said:

Thanks! When did you submit your application this year? Also, since you interviewed last year, what did you think of the school, program, and faculty that day? I presume it was good since you reapplied!

I submitted my application on 8/25. I loved the school and the faculty! They all seemed to genuinely care about the program and the students. The resources and building are all brand new and solely dedicated to the PA students, which I thought was cool since you don’t see that very often. 

• 4 weeks later...

I was at the November 10th interview date and there was definitely a good group of applicants that day. I really enjoyed how open the faculty was to questions and how they tried to make the day stress free. They are also very proud of the program they have put together and genuinely just want to advertise it to their applicants. The only bummer of the day was that the final question asked was when we would likely hear back. We were told they were not holding themselves to accept a certain number of applicants from each interview day this year and that the majority of us would not hear till March. They did tell us they had only offered one seat to the October interviewees as of yet, so my guess is they have at least accepted one applicant from each day thus far. Congrats to everyone who has been accepted and offered interviews! It's a great program, but the waiting game is stressful :/

On 12/14/2017 at 9:17 PM, Southpaw45 said:

Alliehoop,

Appreciate the information and sharing for those still waiting to hear something.  Did they give any idea on number of overall applicants received or number interviewed?

Congrats on the interview.

Thanks

Southpaw45, 

They did not give any insight to how many applicants they had received this year at our interview day. However, there was 10 people there with me to interview and we had one no show. So if that’s the typical total per interview, the odds of acceptance after being offered an interview increase significantly. I saw a newspaper article that claimed they around 700 applicants last year. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had 15 interviewees on my day, I think they had stated they had filled 6 seats as far as I'm aware of.

I think they said the target was to have 90-120 interviews, for 30 seats. And I think they had done 50-60 early.

So if the person above has the last interview on February, 21 I expect we might hear back with final decisions around first week of March? (Guessing)

I had 15 interviewees on my day, I think they had stated they had filled 6 seats as far as I'm aware of.
I think they said the target was to have 90-120 interviews, for 30 seats. And I think they had done 50-60 early.
So if the person above has the last interview on February, 21 I expect we might hear back with final decisions around first week of March? (Guessing)

Yes, I think so too. The rest of the class might be hearing by the first weeks of March. I think there’s one interview in January and one in February and that's it.

Who else here has been accepted so far?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived