2017-2018 Application Cycle

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/5/2017 at 8:30 AM, icjerseyveeb324 said:

Last year people didn't find out till January, but hoping they stick to their word about the 1st week of December, fingers crossed!

Hi,

I would like to submit my application to SHU this week.  It seems like they already make decisions before their posted application deadline.  Should I even waste my time?

1 hour ago, icjerseyveeb324 said:

You could if you want but it may be rolling admission. 

It definitely is rolling admission--the question is if they already filled their cohort for Fall 2018 at this point? I tried signing in to my application tonight to finish it and either the site is down or closed out.

Nothing is loading here;:

https://grad.shuadmissions.org/application

Any ideas?

For applicants who applied this cycle - do you mind sharing the number of HCE/PCE hours you had at time of application to SHU? I know the minimum is 100 hrs., however I’m looking to see what this school’s competitive applicants had at time of application.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23 hours ago, AL0810 said:

Sure! I have about a 3.38 science GPA.  My science GPA was not very good graduating undergrad, but i took a year off, took classes, worked hard to do well in all the prereqs and elective upper level biology classes. 

I volunteered in different hospitals for a total of about 500 hours and worked as a Medical assistant at 2 different places (Ob/Gyn clinic and an urgent care) within my gap year for about >2200 hours of HCE. 

Awesome, congrats again! 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived