Please look at my revised PS

I have revised my PS after I was given help with my rough draft from ajames, and I was curious what some of you thought of it. It is under the 5000 character mark, so I'm happy about that. Feel free to leave any critiques; things to add, cut, etc. I will gladly go over someone else's if they would like! Thanks!

PA personal statement revision.docx

I think this is a very well written PS. You have shown many of the key qualities that are needed to become a PA; honor, interest, motivation, honesty, sincerity... Make sure everything is in non-passive voice. That is something I really struggled with. I can see your excitement about being involved in medicine and your eagerness to learn. I think you're well on your way to a great PS and application. Good luck!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think this is a very well written PS. You have shown many of the key qualities that are needed to become a PA; honor, interest, motivation, honesty, sincerity... Make sure everything is in non-passive voice. That is something I really struggled with. I can see your excitement about being involved in medicine and your eagerness to learn. I think you're well on your way to a great PS and application. Good luck!!

Awesome! Thanks so much! I had a serious problem of trimming the fat. I started at over 7000 characters, and I was able to cut it down to 4993 characters. Ha. I'm going to keep going over it and seeing if I should change anything. I may try the MyPAresource.com as they have adcoms on there that will look over it and revise it for you. If you haven't checked it out yet, I definitely recommend seeing what they have to offer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome! Thanks so much! I had a serious problem of trimming the fat. I started at over 7000 characters, and I was able to cut it down to 4993 characters. Ha. I'm going to keep going over it and seeing if I should change anything. I may try the MyPAresource.com as they have adcoms on there that will look over it and revise it for you. If you haven't checked it out yet, I definitely recommend seeing what they have to offer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you so much! I ended up going with an editor from the UC next to me. I just submitted today. I'm so nervous. Crossing my fingers.

Hey Michael, 

You have a real good foundation, and I just wanna add my two cents. First and foremost, I don't believe you need paragraphs 5-7 you're basically stating the differences between a PA, MD and an NP (which ADCOMS already know) This is important knowledge to have but something you'd want to be able to articulate during an interview not your personal statement. Instead use that space to further illustrate your strengths!

Secondly, you have a good specific story in the beginning which shows your strengths but when you start talking about your passion/experiences with PAs it's too general. Talk about specific moments when you shadowed a PA or worked alongside a PA and what about those experiences solidified your choice for becoming a PA.

These are just my suggestions. Good luck!

-Abe

1 hour ago, OneDayPA-C said:

Hey Michael, 

You have a real good foundation, and I just wanna add my two cents. First and foremost, I don't believe you need paragraphs 5-7 you're basically stating the differences between a PA, MD and an NP (which ADCOMS already know) This is important knowledge to have but something you'd want to be able to articulate during an interview not your personal statement. Instead use that space to further illustrate your strengths!

Secondly, you have a good specific story in the beginning which shows your strengths but when you start talking about your passion/experiences with PAs it's too general. Talk about specific moments when you shadowed a PA or worked alongside a PA and what about those experiences solidified your choice for becoming a PA.

These are just my suggestions. Good luck!

-Abe

Thanks, Abe! I have a friend on here to thank very deeply with helping me have that good foundation. I will be sure to do that! I put in a version to the MyPAresource.com adcoms, because I've heard good things and I wanted to see what they would say as well, but I write all of this down and I feel like you hit a good point. I just really wanted to show that I knew the professions and differentiate them so they knew that I knew what I was getting myself into, but that definitely gives me more to think about! I really appreciate it! 

Archived