MGH Institute of Health Professions: Application Cycle 2017-2018

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm curious as to how much research have you actually done into this program? If you only want to go because of the MGH name, I would advise you to choose another program. I am a current student

So far, roughly 10 people have reached out to me and it was split down the middle. I called DECCA and unfortunately they are closing for the season this week. So, I made 4PM reservations at Ironside G

@eliam22 Thank you so much for reaching out and helping ease so many minds on this lovely forum. @nathanmitchell7467 I feel the same way about the resting heart rate! Hard to have much else in my mind

Maybe this is a ridiculous question....but do you guys reply to this email? Maybe "thank you, love you, say it back" ? Anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sooo nervous about that email this morning. Hopefully the next 5 days will fly by! Anyone confirmed if they will be reaching out to us through email or phone about their decision?

• Upvote 1
On 11/17/2017 at 11:14 AM, Lady_Bug said:

Maybe this is a ridiculous question....but do you guys reply to this email? Maybe "thank you, love you, say it back" ? Anything?

This is the week!  (well hopefully).   In response to this comment, I don't think expressing gratitude would hurt, but I also do not think it would make or brake a decision, but who knows, I am new to this whole thing :/.  I am grateful that I could relax over the weekend a little, now I am back to checking my email hourly...... oh okay maybe every 30 minutes, don't judge :).  

• Upvote 1
39 minutes ago, winter_trees said:

Waitlisted. Can anyone who was accepted share the last date to submit the security deposit?

ACCEPTED!!! I can't believe it.

Congrats to everyone who got in. I can't wait to meet you all and begin this exciting journey! For all those who got waitlisted/rejected, don't give up. There is still hope for you guys! :)

@winter_trees: the enrollment deposit is due before Wednesday, December 20, 2017

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, paforum8888 said:

Waitlisted :/ Does anyone know how many people are placed on the waitlist? I know they said in the interview that they don't release the ranking but will go pretty deep into the waitlist. I'm so anxious to see if a spot will open! Congratulations to those accepted! 

When you say that they will go pretty deep into the waitlist, do you mean that they have a big waitlist, or that many individuals are typically accepted after being placed on the waitlist?  I am sure that this varies year to year, but does anybody have a general idea?

By the way, CONGRATS to all that have been accepted!!  That is a good day, and I fantasize about the day when I receive an acceptance email. 

37 minutes ago, nathanmitchell7467 said:

When you say that they will go pretty deep into the waitlist, do you mean that they have a big waitlist, or that many individuals are typically accepted after being placed on the waitlist?  I am sure that this varies year to year, but does anybody have a general idea?

By the way, CONGRATS to all that have been accepted!!  That is a good day, and I fantasize about the day when I receive an acceptance email. 

I am not sure the size of the waitlist but I remember the program director saying that they go far into the waitlist sometimes, meaning many get taken off of the waitlist. I was wondering the size of the waitlist myself.